• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

1964 Plymouth Aluminum Radiator Air Shield

georgep3689

Local time
10:27 AM
Reaction score
Aluminum Radiator Air shield and bracket Vs. Steele.....
Fabricated aluminum air shield and bracket for the 1964 Max Wedge Package
Aluminum Air shield 18 guage: 18.5 Oz
Steele Air Shield 18 guage: 45.5 Oz
Aluminum bracket: 1.6 Oz
Steele Bracket: 4 Oz
Fabrication almost complete

pan1.JPG pan2.JPG pan3.JPG pan4.JPG

Hey, I started one of those this last winter. Great minds must think alike!
Mike

Lght is migh
Doug

Ounces turn into pounds!! Didn't take too long to bring my 66 2dr sedan Belvedere down from 3370 to 2950! Biggest weight savings were a glass hood and removing the front bumper. The car still had factory AC on it and cop car wheels....

I would like to know how you did it. I found someone to replicate it for me. He's doing it in stages.
Mine is not a replica of the original. It is not finished yet as life got in the way but, my car is semi custom so I do not need a "duplicate" pan. I am replacing it due to rust/appearance issues.
Mike

Are you building those to sell ? If so I'm interested in some! How much?
It is possible we can fabricate some more sets. This is the prototype, so it's taking longer than expected. The goal is to make it an exact replica or close as possible. How many sets are you looking for?

Hi George

is the aluminum piece you fabricated part of the light weight package on the aluminum front end cars?

03077D56-FBA7-41C0-B083-E5FB4A617FE0.jpeg

Auto Transport Service
Back