• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

1964 Rusty Bucket transformation

Ok, it's been awhile.....lol. I have been a busy beaver (lake house) doing everything but working on the ol rusty bucket. Not so much rusty now.
Well, anyway, the current plan is not installing the exterinal antenna. So the antenna hole was plugged.
Due to the humidity level this year, I have delt with alot flash rusting on bare metal. There has been alot of sanding to remove the flash rusting. I am trying to get the front fenders and hood epoxy primied when I get the chance. Pictures:
View attachment 591182

View attachment 591183

View attachment 591185

The rearend has been slid up under the car for trial fitting. Everything looks good. There is alot of room in the fender wells...lol. In the picture, the car is as low as my jack stands will allow. There is still too much space between the tire tops and fender lip. The tires will be further up in the fender wells when finished. But you can get the look I am going for. Man this thing is going to be awesome...
View attachment 591193
-- I recognize that look!
IMG_4384.JPG

Its ironic that my 65 will be back in the hood with the previous owner. Going to surprise him when it gets closer. Next time you do the westward trek, let me know. Maybe we can meet.

Gents, thank you. I work on the car when I have spare time....lol.

Carl, that's awesome and nice view of the bay....anytime I am headed to the western side of the United State, you will be notified.

This is the view from the front porch of the lake house. It's not an ocean bay view, but a cove on Smith Lake view...lol. I purchased enough property to build a shop when I officially retire here.
2009.jpg

Glenwood, I am glad to see you are enjoying the convertible, it is looking good. I am still along way away...lol.

Malex what size back tire are you running? It fills the fender well up nicely. The roller tires in the my picture are 26" tall and there is room to spare. They almost look lost in there and they are on 10" wide rims.

Man, thats a view! Are you and the boss doing SEMA this year?

Carl, the boss is no longer working for Hella...so we won't be at this years SEMA show.
I have had some time to play in the shop....lol. The hood, fenders, dash, hood hinges and upper a-arms got epoxy primed. Pictures:
DSC_1087.JPG

DSC_1089.JPG

The front leaf spring eye bushings are installed. The front portion of the leaf spring is installed in their pockets. The shackles have been primed and painted, they are currently drying. They will be installed tomorrow, along with the spring plates and rear end. Picture:
DSC_1091.JPG

Nice work. Will miss you in LV. Got my car and a bunch of equipment loaded into my trailer yesterday. Tuesday a crew is coming by to take apart my lift and that too will be loaded into the trailer. That stuff will stay in it until my new garage gets built after the move. 3 more weeks in San Diego county and we'll be out. Its ramping up fast, have a lot of things to pack/load/paint/clean etc. I'm pooped and sore but its all good.

Carl, I bet your are pooped, moving is never any fun. Wishing you good luck.

A little update from today. The 64 is now back sitting on its rear suspension. Pictures:
DSC_1094.JPG

DSC_1095.JPG

DSC_1096.JPG

My next task is to tackle the front K-member and getting the front suspension back under the car....

Gents: The Belvedere still gets my attention when I have time. But, now it seems like everything else eating up my time. Life moves on and it pains me to do this, but I am going to put it up for sale.....I will be putting it in the for sale section. If anyone is interested send me a PM.

Say it ain't so! That's too bad crumley, but hope you get what you want for it. Lot's of hard work there that someone will benefit from.

Auto Transport Service
Back