• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

1966 Coronet 440 field find

Man your car sure is coming along nice "awesome metal work your doing", floor and everything else is looking top notch. "Sweet"

Attachments

• IMG_0654.jpg
    IMG_0654.jpg
    86.3 KB · Views: 413
  • IMG_0655.jpg
    IMG_0655.jpg
    69.6 KB · Views: 440
  • IMG_0656.jpg
    IMG_0656.jpg
    86.5 KB · Views: 443
  • IMG_0658.jpg
    IMG_0658.jpg
    79.9 KB · Views: 408
  • IMG_0657.jpg
    IMG_0657.jpg
    103.3 KB · Views: 441
Thanx very much guys for the support and kind words. You all are great motivators! :headbang:
I'm gonna get most of a full day in today. We'll see what I can accomplish.

I didn't get a lot done today. I worked on finishing up the drivers wheel house and quarter. The Sherman panels are very generous with material so it took a bit of trimming to shape them. Then spot welding and butt welding a few spots and they are basically tied in. I will still trim a bit more to straighten up the lines. It's not perfect but this isn't the kind of car judges will be crawling under!! I still have to finish the front edge. It is not welded to the rocker yet.

IMG_0348.jpg

IMG_0349.jpg

IMG_0345.jpg

IMG_0347.jpg

you go man! i love a 66' coronet. i grew up with a guy that had a 66' 500 ragtop. 361 4speed. too sweet.

Thanx guys, I was thinking about rolling the lips. But they are pretty damn tough now! Maybe with a little heat they may go easier. I figured I should patch the floor so it could be called done, short of building mounts for the console and putting in plates for the bucket seats. Yes I recycled a piece of old steel. Heck it's the floor, under sound deaden-er, under carpet, who's gonna see it?! Anyway it's welded in solid and sealed, done deal.

IMG_1530.jpg

IMG_0351.jpg

IMG_0350.jpg

IMG_0353.jpg

IMG_0355.jpg

Looks good and solid, If ya catch anyone looking under the carpet, seats and sound deader, cuff-em one for me to, the crazy's are out there! LOL... :)

Nice save from the crusher. Killer price and really solid considering where it was. The car gods are pleased and have blessed you.

Got bored today so I repaired the inner trunk extension and started the passenger quarter repair. Every time I see the car it seems miles from where I started. I guess that's because it is. It does feel good to be able to visually see the change and know it is that much closer to being on the road again. This side is definitely easier, now that I have done the other side already. And I feel way more confident with cutting and placing the parts than I did on the driver's side.

IMG_1230.jpg

IMG_0372.jpg

IMG_0373.jpg

Last edited:
Looking very good! You have come a long way with this car since I last saw it. Keep the updates coming it's fun to watch along.

Today I continued on the passenger quarter. The inner rocker was rusted, like the driver's side, so I patched that up and went on to the inner quarter. The patch for the inner is a piece of the trunk extension. I figured there was no reason to waste a good bend, since it was already half done for me! So I sectioned it in and will now have to form the curved sections.

IMG_1149.jpg

IMG_0374.jpg

IMG_0378.jpg

IMG_0379.jpg

IMG_0381.jpg

IMG_0383.jpg

How about a shot of your welding rig. I need to step up from my 119. craftsman 110v

Sure. I have a Millermatic 135. It is just a MIG. Someday maybe I will get a TIG, but for now this is doing me just fine. Being an amateur welder, it's more than enough. I am using 0.23 wire with shielding gas. I am more than happy with it. I have never had a moments grief.

IMG_0385.jpg

IMG_0386.jpg

IMG_0388.jpg

That is a nice welder I have a 211 and it just right for a hotrod garage. The best part is if you need to take it somewhere it can be loaded by hand. I got rid of my 252 because it was just too big for what I do.

Nice job handling the rust man keep up the good work.

Auto Transport Service
Back