• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

1966 hemi satellite

"It spent time in Ohio and Kentucky before spending over 20 years outdoors in a Colorado collection."

Translation: it sat out in the wood rotting into the ground.

Notice that the strut rods are bent & there are no nuts on the lower control arms. Any car in this shape needs at least 75 grand put into it.

1654683320623.png

1654683805617.png

"It spent time in Ohio and Kentucky before spending over 20 years outdoors in a Colorado collection."

Notice that the strut rods are bent & there are no nuts on the lower control arms. Any car in this shape needs at least 75 grand put into it.
They're a great place to hook the wrecker chain on to when yanking something out of the mud!

They're a great place to hook the wrecker chain on to when yanking something out of the mud!

Agreed, but there are no scrapes on the strut rods. Seeing as they are both bent in the middle, my guess is that the hooked the chains onto the lower control arms and had to pull it real hard to get it out of the rut it was in.

No sway bar, no sway bar link brackets on lower control arms. If I had to guess, the guy had the engine out and stored separately, kmember out or disassembled and whomever bought this hoard slapped it back together to get the most money out of it. By the looks of it they don't know much about Mopars. Jmho.

No sway bar, no sway bar link brackets on lower control arms. If I had to guess, the guy had the engine out and stored separately, kmember out or disassembled and whomever bought this hoard slapped it back together to get the most money out of it. By the looks of it they don't know much about Mopars. Jmho.
Yup they put humpty back together for the big sale!

I think there may be a hole in the front of the deepened oil pan too. Looks like a waste of good engine paint to me.

No sway bar on my HP2....

1966plymouthsathp2 171.jpg

1966plymouthsathp2 064.jpg

View attachment 1295959

View attachment 1295960
Good "Eyes" RC...WOW, such a shame

Thank you for the correction.
Ok, so at what point in production did the sway bar come on the Hemi cars? Anyone know?

Interesting question. My 66 Hemi Belvedere II, which is a lesser model than a Satellite, has a front sway bar.

One way to get an idea when sway bars were put on 66 Hemi cars is scheduled production date on fender tag. Maybe include 361 cars? If anyone want post SPD and engine and yes or no whether they have a sway bar. My car 3/8/66 Hemi has a sway bar.

Interesting question. My 66 Hemi Belvedere II, which is a lesser model than a Satellite, has a front sway bar.
I agree, I thought all hemis got all the HD stuff.
Maybe they took it off as a drag car

I agree, I thought all hemis got all the HD stuff.
Maybe they took it off as a drag car
Would be interesting to know if there are mounts for sway bar linkage on lower control arms. If mounts are on LCA's sway bar probably removed.

I believe all Hemis had sway bars and if missing it was probably a quarter mile track thing For weight transfer. The 426 wedges had sway bars 64/65 and it seems logical they would have stuck with that with the Hemi. Maybe we‘ll learn something new - it is odd that two HP2 cars missing them.

Were HP2 cars for export only?

Mine is a 1/66 date, Belvedere II 4 speed dana has the sway bar, but not a HP2, say 426 Hemi on front fender. Not sure that helps
Might add, the brackets seem different than later models

View attachment 1295959

View attachment 1295960
yep my same thoughts too

rare or not Hemi or not
Money pit

cool concept, but not a great buy

yes someone will pay way too much for it too

Bingo - Tim Allen.gif

Auto Transport Service
Back