• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

1966 hemi satellite

arly sway bar mount ......

1654775685648-png.png

Early 1960s Mopar B-body front sway bar
Given the stress a sway bar sees, its easy to see why they moved away from that contraption. Doesn't look like it would survive a true daily driver.

Mine is early april 66 and has the more conventional sway bar setup

Given the stress a sway bar sees, its easy to see why they moved away from that contraption. Doesn't look like it would survive a true daily driver.
It’s very easy to remove with no obvious brackets for drag racing, the rules said it couldn’t be removed so the newer ones were hard to hide.

Last edited:
Hi all - I am the seller of the HP2 in question on BAT. I want to hopefully clear the air on some of this. I am more than happy to discuss any questions or concerns. I started replying to some below…
I've been following the comments on bat. I asked about the inner fender tag and build sheet. Neither are available. There is a hole in the oil pan also and so far the seller has not answered if the motor is locked up or not. Someone is going to overpay for a car once restored will struggle to bring 65k
Thanks for your commentary on the auction listing. I believe that I have addressed all of your comments there. Engine is not locked up, I’ve added a video showing that. The hole in the pan looks like it came from when it was dented somehow, probably when recovering the vehicle. There’s a good dent in the area around it that may not be shown as prominently in the photos. I’m always happy to revisit something I possibly overlooked.
Smells fishy...Someone went to a good bit of trouble to try and pretty up the hemi, and maybe even the sides of the car have been painted?, buffed and patina(d) in an effort to make it look like something it's not.... That car sat up to its ears in something nasty for a lot of years. I'd say the seller or another previous owner is damn dishonest and I'd be very, very careful. Just my two cents of course, but even BAT had a hard time describing that poor neglected turd.
Nothing fishy. The car sat in the high desert of Colorado for 20+ years and looks as such. The climate I recovered the car from was very dry. It looks like original paint to me, nothing caught my eye as being resprayed. The engine has been refreshed at some point as a few have pointed out, paint is newer.
If it’s in Milford, it’s about 20 minutes from me. Should I ask to go take a look?
I know I’m a little slow to reply here but I would welcome a visit. I’m around all day today and tomorrow. Shoot me a DM and I will send you my phone number.
This one sold last year. In some aspects better shape. But not much . Definitely a better color combo

How much has the market changed ??? For the Better or worst ?

Oddly enough this one also came out of Colorado in its past

https://bringatrailer.com/listing/1966-plymouth-satellite-4/
Also my car, came from the same exact spot the car in question did. The black car was not an HP2 and was not the original motor either.

I remember the video from 2020 about the entire collection that this car came from

On the subject of sway bars, I have the early clamp on type on my 1964 Polara. These bars showed up on 426 Street Wedge package and police cars starting in 1964. I have added them to 2 of my '64 Polara's, and have sourced them from early 1966 Charger's. In my searches for these bars, I found that some Charger's had this type bar, while others had the newer style that required the LCA tabs. The front frame horns were also different to accommodate the change in sway bar styles. I have no idea when this mid-year change occurred. There may have been service bulletins issued on this change? I think all Hemi cars would have had a bar as part of the heavy duty suspension package. The early style bar is easily removable, leaving no trace of the original installation. Although they were kind of a Rube Goldberg contraption, they were better than nothing at all. Obviously Chrysler thought they could do better. This clamp on style was likely hard on strut rod bushings and there were likely service complaints.

dan juhasz said:
I've been following the comments on bat. I asked about the inner fender tag and build sheet. Neither are available.
@vista replied:
Thanks for your commentary on the auction listing. I believe that I have addressed all of your comments there.
@vista
Ok, I'll bite:
Where's the documentation and fender tag for the car?

For those fellow older members with bad eyes, the VIN on the IBM card reads
RP23H61181377.
No, not the vin number, body number. Two places that are stamped with sequence number, plates can be removed stampings can’t.

Auto Transport Service
Back