• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

1966 hemi satellite

Would be interesting to know if there are mounts for sway bar linkage on lower control arms. If mounts are on LCA's sway bar probably removed.
I would think it might have the earlier strut rod clamp style swaybar. Being an earlier car

Not home so can't look. Didn't note any sway bar mount holes and no tabs on lca. All HP2's were built b4 Christmas "65

My date was 7/20/66 with sway bar.

I would think it might have the earlier strut rod clamp style swaybar. Being an earlier car
Correct, just looked at mine. No brackets on lca the s-bar connects to strut with clamp and the front connection looks like the rod on latter lca

Correct, just looked at mine. No brackets on lca the s-bar connects to strut with clamp and the front connection looks like the rod on latter lca
Can you post a pic of what you are talking about please?

Can you post a pic of what you are talking about please?

image.jpg

image.jpg

I just found it after I asked, lol. Mine was built March 7, 1966. I'm wondering if mine would have had one like yours or the more std type.
I think the same, they didn’t need special lca and it all bolts in, no change to standard stuff. When I bought mine there was a 67 GTX vert next to it, I should have looked it over but I was loading up the NOS stuff and getting the heck out of there before he changed his mind on the price, felt like a bandit lol

I wonder if anyone on here would have one of these setups?

I've seen pictures of the early style sway bar set up & maybe some made their way on the early 66's. That type of sway bar mounts to the K-frame underneath the front mounting bolt. This means that there there would be additional bolt holes in the K-frame, which ARE present in the '66 pictures.

1654775261243.png

'66
1654775304157.png

'66
1654775748796.png

Early sway bar mount ......

1654775685648.png

Auto Transport Service
Back