• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

1967 belvedere plastic window replacement

Bob Cull

Local time
2:09 AM
Reaction score
I have a 1967 GTX convertible clone. The top is in very good condition but the plastic rear window is shot. Does anyone know if it is possible to replace that plastic window with a glass one?

67's came with a glass window I believe. I wanted to replace my plastic window on my 66 and was told the bow above rear window was taller on 67's. Never had the chance to do a side by side comparison.

You’ll most likely have to replace the top to do it

Forgot in my post that I asked the my top guy if he could replace plastic rear window without removing top, yes he could. Only problem is zipper attached to top MO. Probably have to remove top perimeter along body. Always wanted to measure where boot slides in the middle of the rear seat to the bottom of bow where tack strip is on a 67. then compare it to my 66. Think my top guy didn't want to see if a 67 top and glass window would fit. Don't blame him who pays if it doesn't fit? ME!

68-70 top with glass window should work on your 67

Auto Transport Service
Back