• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

1967 Coronet Deluxe

So now that spring is here I decided its time to get off my *** and get things in ship shape for driving season. So I ran out in the garage and drove it to work and put on 200 miles last week. :yes:

But to go along with that now its on jack stands in the garage awaiting a bit of surgery. I elected to spend a little money on her and ordered a set of 2.5" tail pipes from TTI. So the mufflers are off on the floor and I am ready to begin the install. I also put the trim rings back on the tail lights (since I forgot about those) and modified the battery hold down to fit my large battery. I have a few other projects to take care of too. I need to extend my wiring harness to the back of the car to give me some more room for routing (DOH! :eusa_wall:). I also have a little rattle somewhere under the dash I need to find...but I think I know what that is already too.

Sorry for the lack of pictures this morning...no time!

Good to hear you had her on the road! Let me know when you want to meet up, hit a show or two and terrorize Green Bay and the surrounding areas.

That's great new KB67 . . . you and Prop terrorizing Green Bay . . . that sounds like it would be great time ! !

Wish I was closer, and had a CAR to drive . . . ( I'm still working on that part )

Glad to hear that you got some road time in, and I can't wait to hear back on the report of the new TTI headers too ! ! !

I'm envious, I'm so ready to get the Charger out and start racking up the miles.............. Next week maybe.

So I did get my TTI tails Friday in the mail and promptly set to installing them (after work). I have to say their quality is very good and they fit well....almost too well, they hug really close to everything! I got really really lucky as well. If you were watching you probably remember that I made my own pipes all the way to the mufflers. Well Apparently I must have been working vicariously through TTI because I didn't have to cut or massage anything....it just went together! So within about 2 hours of getting home I was out terrorizing the neighbors. Actually I shouldn't say that as it was quieter than before but does sound great.

I drove the car to work today since the rain/snow missed us last night. I have to say that if you have turn downs and hate the droning this helps a ton. It is not by any means quiet...but it sounds good and has at least stopped the inside from the car from vibrating due to sound.

Once I manage to take these pictures off I will try to post a couple. But being under the car there isn't much to see.

I might have missed it but what size are the tails? 2.5 or 3"

I might have missed it but what size are the tails? 2.5 or 3"

They are 2.5" to match the rest of my system. I think 3" on a stock 345 CI small block is probably overkill.

20150320_190146.jpg

I also put my trim rings back on my tail lights. The little tangs broke off but I used 3M trim tape and cut it down. It worked well.20150315_143648.jpgView attachment 247393

Very nicely done there KB67 . . . Looking GOOD ! ( wish I was able to drive my car . . . grrrrrrrrrrr )

So what was it that got rid of the droning? The new exhaust? I have a fair amount of drone and at times I like it but other times not so much and have been thinking about mellowing it out a bit and was wondering what an easy fix would be. Another thing that bothers me is it's to damn quite, I knew I shouldn't have added the extra baffles to the mufflers!

- - - Updated - - -

Nice fix on the trim, it's painful to think about replacing a good part just because a tab is broken off so you have nothing to loose by trying and the way that stuff sticks it will likely go to it's grave with it.

So what was it that got rid of the droning? The new exhaust? I have a fair amount of drone and at times I like it but other times not so much and have been thinking about mellowing it out a bit and was wondering what an easy fix would be. Another thing that bothers me is it's to damn quite, I knew I shouldn't have added the extra baffles to the mufflers!

- - - Updated - - -

Nice fix on the trim, it's painful to think about replacing a good part just because a tab is broken off so you have nothing to loose by trying and the way that stuff sticks it will likely go to it's grave with it.

Just the tails helped. Moving the exhaust from under the car out to the back gets rid of the sound that bounces off the ground and returns to the car. There is still some bass tones that can get loud around 1500 rpm but that is a function of the mufflers. I would say to reduce that I would need to add a resonator somewhere.

Yeah that 3M trim tape is a hoss. I actually remember about 15 years ago I used some to put the side trim back on my 83 AMC Eagle SX/4. I actually stood on the trim once....it didn't budge and was only held with that tape. (granted I am a little fatter these days :( )

I would like to get 3" TTI exhaust, just not sure how they fit on a 66-67 B body. I'm sure they fit but wanted some first hand experience.

I want to see some more videos of this thing!

Buy me a go pro!....I honestly have nothing besides my phone and then have a hard time getting them posted since it has to be placed on another site and linked. I tried taking a few from in the car but steering, shifting and filming don't work all together.

- - - Updated - - -

I would like to get 3" TTI exhaust, just not sure how they fit on a 66-67 B body. I'm sure they fit but wanted some first hand experience.

They'd be really really really close! I only have 1/2-3/4" of clearance from the pipes to the gas tank, shock frame and shocks already. I would think with that extra 1/4" of tube on each side it would eat up all of that....but with some massaging I bet would fit. You may have to play with the rear hangers and move them outboard a bit more to gain the clearance. But I would hit the go button if you want a set.

They are 2.5" to match the rest of my system. I think 3" on a stock 345 CI small block is probably overkill.

View attachment 247390

I also put my trim rings back on my tail lights. The little tangs broke off but I used 3M trim tape and cut it down. It worked well.View attachment 247392View attachment 247393

I was just going to x-2 another BUT, i couldn't help myself, VIDEO!!!!!! drone, screaming just out doing the neighbors, ok, lets not go that far but a video of this master piece would work, WITH noise!!!! 3 inch cant be over kill can it! sounds like it would sound extra mellow BUT mean getting on the accelerator!

They'd be really really really close! I only have 1/2-3/4" of clearance from the pipes to the gas tank, shock frame and shocks already. I would think with that extra 1/4" of tube on each side it would eat up all of that....but with some massaging I bet would fit. You may have to play with the rear hangers and move them outboard a bit more to gain the clearance. But I would hit the go button if you want a set.

Thanks! Really don't need 3" but figured if I ever expand in the motor department the exhaust will be good to go. Keep saving my pennies for the TTI's.

Reed/Kevin........Is it the tire sink in the trunk pan that makes the ???? on the 3" exhaust or not? I know the rest of the underneath is real close to the same as the 68-70.

Buy me a go pro!....I honestly have nothing besides my phone and then have a hard time getting them posted since it has to be placed on another site and linked. I tried taking a few from in the car but steering, shifting and filming don't work all together.

You can get a decent dash cam for about 1/4 the price of a Go Pro. You don't get all the fancy mounting options but it will do the job and one with a GPS feature will display your speed in the video too. I got one for Christmas this past year made by DOD and the reviews on it are great.

Reed/Kevin........Is it the tire sink in the trunk pan that makes the ???? on the 3" exhaust or not? I know the rest of the underneath is real close to the same as the 68-70.

Its the gas tank actually. Its wider and the filler is in the way too. If I had a rusted out trunk I'd put a 68 floor and tank in.

Auto Transport Service
Back