• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

1967 Coronet Deluxe

kb67mopar

Local time
8:37 PM
Reaction score
Hey guys, I am new to the forum here and also pretty new the restoration world. I picked up a 1967 Coronet Deluxe original with no modifications really. Factory 273 with 3 speed on the tree car.

Since it really isn't a rare model I will be doing my own custom thing with it and so far have decided on a 360 (which I have) and probably an NV3500 5 speed. So far I have begun to strip parts in preparation for rust repair.

Also does anybody know a good place to find bumpers and also I need the pass side grille surround?

PS: how do I add photos without a URL?

Last edited:
there's several 67 grilles and at least one set of bumpers on ebay right now.

pretty sure that 67 charger bumper is thee same and there are several of those for sale in the for sale section of this forum

66 Coronet and 66/67 Charger front bumper is the same.
67 Coronet is different (has marker lights (turn signals)).

67 Coronet and 66/67 Charger rear bumper is the same.
66 Coronet is different (no backp lights).

I have a spare 67 front bumper for my 66, that I was planning on using with some driving lights in the marker light holes for a factory style look.

Yeah I won't be able to afford them right now, first priority for me will be to get the cross member replaced and finish up the floor pans. My budget is pretty tight so I have to pick and choose.

Which cross member you need?

I need the front torsion bar crossmember. Mine is well...done.

so it is currently out on the ground and ready for a new one...if I can find one for a good price otherwise new they are $240 shipped.

Ouch. that'll be fun.

Sounds like a nice car, Good luck with it! I have a old 273 out of the same car, to bad they aren't the Commandos! lol.. If you have Photo Bucket just upload a picture to your account and get the IMG code for it.. Then click on that blue round icon with what looks like goggles on the bottom and your there.. Photo Bucket is free if you don't have an account. Theirs another way to do it, maybe someone else can explain it to you, i cant remember how its done, good luck with it.

Here are a couple photos, one of the floor with the crossmember removed and the other two from the day it came home.

100_4131.jpg
101_2027.jpg
101_2041.jpg

A few photos from today, got the new crossmember all welded in and the new floor pans welded in. Tomorrow I have to finish a few smaller spots and grind all the welds smooth but it has floors again!

1008111543.jpg

1008111911.jpg

1008111911a.jpg

Looks like you're doing a good job.

Looks like you're doing a good job.

Thanks, I am trying to do the best I can. I don't have a ton of space, tools or money so its all about time. I am doing it from a one car garage with a harbor freight flux core welder and a budget of 0. So hopefully it comes out good.

Well I got quite a bit done this weekend but not as far as I hoped. I got the whole drivers side floor finished once and for all. I had to make about 5 different patches by hand and of course the welding, grinding, and painting that goes with that. So to recap, new crossmember, new floor pan, and 5 patches....now on to the pass side (which should be much easier)1015111737a.jpg

1016111051.jpg

1016111445.jpg

1016111629.jpg

1016111800.jpg

Well if all goes to plan this weekend I can get the remaining floors patched up. Does anybody have any nearly free ideas for winter storage to keep rain, snow, and critters out? I have yet to come up with a good idea.

Here is what the engine bay looks like so far...empty...that will get filled next spring with my 360.
engine bay.jpg

I have a 67 Coronet Deluxe station wagon that I'm fixing up too. PM me if you need any trim slabs or chrome, I have a relatively complete set from a 440 Coronet plus a pair of extra headlight surrounds.

On a zero budget, that's gonna....

be tough. A used enclosed car trailer would be best. You could also look into one of those tent/tarp garages (on CL?) or put a bag around the car for the winter.

I guess whatever is cheapest.

Just my .02

PK

Yeah I thought about the bag thing, I have a potential storage facility I am attempting to work out a deal there. Otherwise that will probably be the way it works out.

Thanks for the support guys. I didn't get much done this weekend, I ended up getting sick Friday night so no real progress but the floors should get hopefully finished up this upcoming week/weekend.

Auto Transport Service
Back