• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

1967 Coronet Deluxe

Sorry for the complete lack of conversation lately guys. I have just been driving the crap out of the car and doing yard work. So far this season I have already racked up 700 miles on the Coronet and climbing.

Working on selling a few things and hopefully buying some parts for the car. I have been toying around with the idea of making a center console and then wrapping it in the same fabric as the door panels. I also plan to add a stereo, some sound deadening and finally throw the carpet back in. But a little at a time. I'll of course throw up pictures as I get to it.

Prop...when you want to terrorize Green Bay?

That sounds like one cool plan bud! Ive seen a couple homemade sterio type consoles (built into the console) that guys have made, endless stuff with these cars!

Well everybody has been bugging me for a video so I made a very terrible unexciting video on my drive home today. Also before you ask...yes it started snowing. If you try viewing it tonight it might still be "processing" so give it some time.

[video=youtube_share;XGYJn6S2zXk]http://youtu.be/XGYJn6S2zXk[/video]

Well I haven't spent much time on FBBO lately...just been trying to enjoy the summer. We have spent nearly every weekend doing something away from the house and been way busy. I will say that I hope to do a few things to the Coronet in the coming weeks to include a custom center console with stereo and CUP HOLDERS!. I also hope to install the carpet that I have had sitting around for a year. Still no moolah for the headliner or seat covers but hey...the floor can be nice!

I have been driving the crap out of it this year so far and since last July the total is 4800 miles. It's been running incredibly well and we have taken it on a few road trips (nothing over 3-4 hrs). I have deciphered that I'd love to wire in cruise control and at some point maybe put air conditioning in it.

Now that's too funny KB67 . . . all the things that you could note as needing a "tweak" on the car, and the CUP HOLDERS are one of the things that stick out . . . that means I better keep that in mind when I'm putting my car back together.

Great to hear that you're driving the tires off that thing . . . and glad that it's running well for you too - only goes to show the quality of the work that went into it.

All I can say is that you've been missed on this site, but if you're out enjoying the Summer with your family and the kids, we'll forgive you ( spend all the time you can with them, as they will grow up too darn fast on you )

We'll see you back on this site when the Summer calms down and you get back to the garage and building your cup holders for your car ! ! ! ( smile ) Love it ! ! !

Cup holders are a must but don't do what I did................. I ordered some nice stainless cup holders to put in mine and later found they won't hold a 20oz.... just cans. Great to hear your racking up the miles, wish the rain would stop here so I could get more on mine cause your beating me up right now on mileage. Enjoy

So I finished this stuff 2 weeks ago but have just been short on time and energy to post this. I managed to (finally) build a center console, install a stereo, and install my carpet.....so now I just need a head liner for it to look like a complete car haha. The cupholder is essentially useless but I had limited space to fit things.

20150801_182325.jpg20150801_182339.jpg20150801_182458.jpg20150801_182507.jpg

Well guys we are nearing the end of another driving season. I wanted to post an update just for those keeping track. To date I have over 6,000 miles on the Coronet and love driving it. I drive it to work a lot on nice days and it honestly is like driving a newer car. It has never given me any issues and thus far has been fantastic. I would recommend the NV3500 5 speed to anybody wanting to do this inexpensively. So far it has handled the Hemi without any real issue and has been very good. It is not the smoothest transmission in the world and definitely not going to help you earn the win on the drag strip with quick shifting...but the ratios are great for street driving.

Dammit, I've been trying to catch up to you on miles and even with my 2 long voyages you still have 1,000 miles on me!!!!! That's great that everything is working so well for you and your having fun too. Winter isn't here yet so I've got time haha

Thanks for the update KB67 . . . glad that you're enjoying driving your car . . . "someday" I hope to be in the same boat as you - Driving and Smiling ! !

Dammit, I've been trying to catch up to you on miles and even with my 2 long voyages you still have 1,000 miles on me!!!!! That's great that everything is working so well for you and your having fun too. Winter isn't here yet so I've got time haha

Well you could road trip it up here lol. You'll have a challenge as its a moving target haha. Until they start salting the wheels will still be turning.

- - - Updated - - -

Thanks for the update KB67 . . . glad that you're enjoying driving your car . . . "someday" I hope to be in the same boat as you - Driving and Smiling ! !

Soon....it will happen soon. You have made huge progress so far.

I drove my 66 Belvedere sedan back and forth to work almost daily rain or shine. Even with the /6 auto, it was still more fun to drive than the new stuff.....so long as the ac continued to work lol

Nice, she looks great. I'm still chasing that #, I'm well over 6,000 now with a break in the weather here in Ohio.... I'm a comin!

Nice, she looks great. I'm still chasing that #, I'm well over 6,000 now with a break in the weather here in Ohio.... I'm a comin!

Well as I type its snowing here...so you may catch me....but just wait until its nice out...I'll start running away again!

Well as I type its snowing here...so you may catch me....but just wait until its nice out...I'll start running away again!

Lol, we'll see. You've got to remember I have overdrive too now! I'm just glad to see you putting it to good use instead of stashing it in the garage 90% of the time like most I know.

Auto Transport Service
Back