• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

1967 coronet restomod/pro touring build

Glad to see you got a pulley on it!!

Going to look killer bolted up with the rest of the billet pieces, cap it off with the black fitech sitting up top

Placed a little order today, also landed an aeromotive a1000 fuel pump for $275.

3484AD15-E95D-4382-8D19-8849ED6809D3.png

179578C7-FE14-4FBC-BE29-99AB607B7037.jpeg
Got all the pulleys aligned, ready to mate up the trans. One more picture for your viewing pleasure, played with some filters on this photo.

Forecast is finally showing we will get back above 0 degrees this week, got a 2010 Chrysler t&c to work on, plugs, cat converter and timing belt. Then I’m getting back to the coronet, got a lot to do if I’m pulling this bitch out in the spring.

B408764C-945B-4513-86F2-2646E0DD343B.jpeg
714C72A9-3624-4A93-A6B9-731ECFD4BE63.jpeg
FB80B845-CCFB-41C4-A2F3-B8026CB3889E.jpeg
Got a little done today, pulled the master cylinder and prop valve, also pulled the wiper arm what a pain trying to work them out under the dash. Started sorting through some of the wiring to see what will be eliminated. Last but not least ITS OFF THE LIFT! For now at least it’s siting pretty low in the rear with no motor and trans I may have to change out the coilovers in the rear since I have these adjusted almost all the way up and it’s still real low.

Thanks Zack, I agree they fit the theme of the car well. My father seen the car for the first time today since he sold it to me and I tore it apart, he said the wheels completely changed the attitude of the car.

I do love those rims on there, looks awesome!:thumbsup:

Can't wait to see that beauty of a motor between the fenders!

Can't wait to see that beauty of a motor between the fenders!
Thanks im working on it, had nice weather this weekend so I was able to get out there. Had another customer car come in today an early 90’s Lexus with all the fuel lines rotted out, it’s getting nicop alloy lines so they won’t have to worry about that again. Soon as I’m done with that I’ll be back on the Coronet.

Bo

Some pictures of the 4 link sitting on the ground, as you can see the shocks are adjusted almost all the way up and it is still sitting pretty low, could be completely wrong but could the motor and trans being installed help bring the rear up? I was thinking the weight on the front of the car would maybe even the rake out and raise the rear slightly? Or will it just lower the car more overall? Also I have the shock mounts in the top 2 holes so there’s no more adjustment to be had there.

6BE9EB9A-CF7B-49BD-8B9B-7195DD0D7651.jpeg
F6C1E780-A3BC-4DBF-BF1B-167D5D7518DF.jpeg
E8B72944-5333-49C5-8A35-D23B4A8C2EA0.jpeg
C4AEDED9-E3D8-4209-8544-7DE9B076CC89.jpeg

Looks awesome! Just curious what lb spring did you go with? I would think as far as you have those out that thing would be sitting pretty high...???

Looks awesome! Just curious what lb spring did you go with? I would think as far as you have those out that thing would be sitting pretty high...???
I’m not sure, I emailed Bill at RMS to find out exactly what they send with the street lynx kit since it doesn’t specify on my invoice. Would a higher spring rate help with raising the car up?

When I was assembling the coilovers I had to put the springs in a compressor in order to get the hat put on the top of the shock, so needless to say the shocks were extended all the way out.

Im going by what we expierenced on the nova which we had the oppisite problem....It sat too high with the 250lb springs.. and seemed to have the shock extended all the way even when adjusters were at the bottom of the shock. Went to a lighter spring and seemed to set the car loaded in the middle of the shock travel if that makes sense....
Just looking at your pic again it looks like your shock is extended all the way out...
Can you bounce the rear end? Does it travel down and up?
Could be the length of the shock, if you take the preload off of the spring it should lower the car even more....

Auto Transport Service
Back