• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

1967 coronet restomod/pro touring build

That price doesn't sou d bad at all. The thing to consider is that 3000 cfm might be what is required .
I would ask about their engineering exchange rates or delta T ( Entering H2O Temp - Leaving. Temp = Delta T, @ what ambient temp & CFM/GPM).
So if you have a 200F- 180F= 20F @ 95F OAT & 3000 cfm & 20GPM. They should have a spread sheet that quantifies several varibles. I had a bunch of plate and frame heat exchangers at my old job and these charts were readily available.
At minimum I would want to see their performance data based on a 100 deg day and low flow condition.

Earlier I posted about having an issue with the shocks and ride height in the rear with the newly installed street lynx. We came to the conclusion that I had mismatch shock/spring in the rear. A 14” shock with a spring made for a 16.5” shock, this was causing the shock to be fully extended at all times. Unfortunately Bill either thinks I’m trying to get free parts out of him or something, he asked for picture and measurements which I provided promptly, then he insisted I had 16.5” shocks even though I sent him a picture of the shock eye to eye and offered to send the shock back before making a decision. It’s a minor set back since funds are hard to come by but I’ll find the right shock and get it squared away eventually. Should have time to get out to the shop Friday night, no wife, no kids for the night grabbing a 12 pack and going to work.

Here’s the pics I sent bill, and a screen grab of our email. I’ve had great support from him in the past but this is enough to make me stop doing business with him.

57594B6B-9C59-42EB-AC5C-7AA7E4C0AAE7.jpeg F71C4E37-2447-4275-AFD1-E77E5D6414A9.jpeg E2EA98A8-B8C7-4229-A5AD-AAF693C1517A.jpeg

Funny you mention Bill and the Street Lynx, my buddy had the same problem. He did a spring relocation on his Duster and bought that kit. Turns out Bill sent the wrong shocks which were too long. So Bill checked his order and sure a **** he had sent the wrong shocks and springs. They needed to be around 13 or so. Bill sent out the right parts and all is well.

Did you do a spring relocation? That could be why they are too long.

Have you lowered the billet aluminum block to its lowest setting?

Funny you mention Bill and the Street Lynx, my buddy had the same problem. He did a spring relocation on his Duster and bought that kit. Turns out Bill sent the wrong shocks which were too long. So Bill checked his order and sure a **** he had sent the wrong shocks and springs. They needed to be around 13 or so. Bill sent out the right parts and all is well.

Did you do a spring relocation? That could be why they are too long.
No I did not do the spring relocation.

To the lowest setting? No I have it all the way up, my issue is the car is too low, as it sits now the shocks are fully extended, I need at least another 2” of travel

5C791F75-ED86-4A37-B0E7-F3AFE948DFF1.jpeg

Try this, lower the block 1 hole and see what ya got.

Try this, lower the block 1 hole and see what ya got.
I originally started on the lowest setting per the instructions and had an issue with height, so I raised 1 by 1 and it didn’t change other than the mounting hole distance, that’s what led me to the shock and springs. Bill actually told me himself the springs i have, Viking 12dp200 are for a 16.5” shock, the shocks I have are 14” eye to eye. The correct spring For my shock would be the Viking 9dp200. I basically have to bite the bullet and buy new shocks or springs.

Send the springs back to him and tell him you need the correct springs. And advise him on his screw up with a kit sent Lemoore Naval Air Station, not to mention all the forums you frequent.

Send the springs back to him and tell him you need the correct springs. And advise him on his screw up with a kit sent Lemoore Naval Air Station, not to mention all the forums you frequent.
I just responded to his email, fingers crossed, lord knows I can’t afford new shocks or springs right now. I plan on having this baby rolling soon and this threw a stick in my spokes.

I’m hoping for the best turn out for you both.

In all reality it’s only a couple hundred bucks, but since I’ve started this project i was laid off for 5 months, back to work now In a new field and took a pay cut so a couple hundred is harder to come by now.

With a little one also, funds aren’t as readily available.

Hate to hear all the troubles you are having with customer support....I'll stand by any company that has screwed up and true to resolve it but if I have to deal one where their 1st response is you screwed up or insinuates I'm trying to scam them, well I would be done!
Don't know if it would help to send a pic of a tape measure next to it....but also let them know you are one of the biggest Mopar Forums and will let its members know what kind of service your getting...
Hope it works out for you soon!

Today all is good when everything works....when it doesn't work it seems that companies today blame the customer and the "your stuck stuck with it" mentally.

Total crap......so the ccstomer made an error or the company made the error.....If the prick would just work it out and say return the parts and we will get a new set out to you.......just cover the shipping.....that is customer service 101

It is not like your parts were used....they were just installed....

What happened to the customer is always right and do what it takes for a happy customer.....

Bo if it doesn't work out shoot me a pm....

Today all is good when everything works....when it doesn't work it seems that companies today blame the customer and the "your stuck stuck with it" mentally.

Total crap......so the ccstomer made an error or the company made the error.....If the prick would just work it out and say return the parts and we will get a new set out to you.......just cover the shipping.....that is customer service 101

It is not like your parts were used....they were just installed....

What happened to the customer is always right and do what it takes for a happy customer.....

Bo if it doesn't work out shoot me a pm....
You know I received exceptional support from him in the past but when this issue arose and we narrowed it down to the shock/spring combo he wanted nothing to do with the fault. I would have no problem covering shipping and maybe a restock fee but to be out a few hundred over a mistake not made by me really upsets me. Anyway I’ll keep you updated thanks

Hate to hear your troubles, I can relate to the funding issue too. I agree with Mike, a picture with a tape layed out eye to eye is hard to argue with. Even if it was the right shock and you weren't happy with the ride height any good business should swap them out and only make you eat the shipping provided the parts still look new. Hope he comes threw for you.

On a side note.... let me know what you think of the ride quality on those Vikings. I'm starting to get a bit of driveline vibration again and I'm quite certain it's these crap Just Suspension leafs again! I had them de-arched and the leaf clamps are all shifting which I believe is allowing more pinion movement:BangHead:. I'll be building a torque arm rear suspension soon and need to pick a coil over.

Hate to hear your troubles, I can relate to the funding issue too. I agree with Mike, a picture with a tape layed out eye to eye is hard to argue with. Even if it was the right shock and you weren't happy with the ride height any good business should swap them out and only make you eat the shipping provided the parts still look new. Hope he comes threw for you.
On a side note.... let me know what you think of the ride quality on those Vikings. I'm starting to get a bit of driveline vibration again and I'm quite certain it's these crap Just Suspension leafs again! I had them de-arched and the leaf clamps are all shifting which I believe is allowing more pinion movement:BangHead:. I'll be building a torque arm rear suspension soon and need to pick a coil over.
will do, they have great reviews so I’m expecting great things. Unfortunately a picture showing the shock measured eye to eye at exactly 14” didn’t help. He insisted I had 16.5” shocks. Now that I know there’s an issue and I look at the shock spring next to each other it’s obvious there’s an issue. I had To fight them in the spring compressor to get them on.

BF0E926C-0FCB-4C4D-A5E2-977E57058845.jpeg

Auto Transport Service
Back