• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

1967 coronet restomod/pro touring build

It was hard to tell but by pushing down on the trunk of the car it didn’t seem as if the shock was depressing it was very bouncy like it was just jumping on the spring

The shocks that were sent with the kit are very short, that could be the issue also, I’m thinking maybe they sent me the wrong shocks.

I'd say your just plumb out of stroke on those shocks (maxed out for height). I see your in the top 2 holes but can the mount be flipped over? Looks like the shock attachment point is well below the 2 bolt holes so flipping it would lift it if it's even an option? I personally think the lower stance looks wicked.

I'd say your just plumb out of stroke on those shocks (maxed out for height). I see your in the top 2 holes but can the mount be flipped over? Looks like the shock attachment point is well below the 2 bolt holes so flipping it would lift it if it's even an option? I personally think the lower stance looks wicked.
It looks awesome but I need to raise it a little, when I drive it or if I try to launch off the trans brake I’ll do nothing but rub the wheel wells.

And it just doesn’t seem right with the coils adjusted all the way up and it’s still sitting that low.

Iirc the instructions say to use the lowest hole on the shock mounts, it’s a billet aluminum piece and it’s tapered it gets much narrower towards the top. I’ll have to see if bill emails me back or I’ll give him a call tomorrow.

I'm thinking shocks are too short, measure the shaft that's exposed then measure the body I bet they aren't too different which means you are extended all the way.
Since you are going to be racing I would certainly find someone that can recommended a spring weight for that suspension to work on a drag application

Spoke with Bill at RMS, he requested some measurements from me, said the shock at full extension should be 14” eye to eye, and at ride height should be about 12.25” and I’m at 14” (full extension) at ride height, he also said I should have the Viking 9dp200 spring which I currently have the 12dp200. Basically my springs are 3” too long (explains why I had to compress them so much to get them on) waiting for an email or call back but I’m sure he will make it right and send the correct parts.

Back to work on Monday, took a temporary gig in HVAC until I get another gig in Transportation.

:bananadance:

Ya perfect timing I got Valentine’s Day and the boys birthday this month lol

Alright guys a lot of talk lately and no action, going to change soon I’ve been back to work for a couple weeks now and am planning on scouring the Indy show for some parts, not much left other than a fuel pump, some misc little odds and ends and a radiator which I think I am going to give our site sponsor @ColdCaseJoe a chance. I like the 2 row 1.25” tube design and the price is competitive. I was previously set on an ECP radiator but I want to give these guys a shot and try out their product. Btw if anyone is looking for anything I can check the Indy show for you just send me a pm with your number and what you’re looking for.

Bo

I thought about ColdCase, but they are pricey! For the kind of coin they’re asking, you could get an ECP radiator and Derale dual fan set up that does 4000cfm. Have you really looked at the ColdCase? They look boxy.

To be honest I didn’t look at the fan set up until now and notice the cfm is rated a bit less than ECP, ECP 3000 cfm cold case 2800... but I have talked to them through pm and they are offering a nice price for being a forum member. Cheaper than ECP is all I’ll say...

Well gee, we are forum members, so spill the beans, lol!

$525 with the wiring kit but I don’t think I need it since I have the fitech with fan controls

That’s not bad, but the cfm rating is a bit low. Even 3000cfm is a bit low. I like to have a minimum of 3500cfm. Ideally, 4000 or better, especially if you got ac.

Not trying to sway ya in any direction, just pointing out options/info that may have been overlooked.

Thanks Zack, No AC but I see your point maybe I’ll look into getting a radiator and shroud and get my own fans to install.

No problem. Derale has quite a few dual fan set ups from 250-380. They draw some amps at start up, but your alternator is up to it. Also dual fan relay setups are around 80-125. I think you’ll need that regardless of the FITECH being able to control the fan(s) as I’m sure it has an amp limit.

Go check on eBay for Derale fans, you’ll drive yourself bat **** crazy with how many there are.

Auto Transport Service
Back