• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

1967 Factory power disc brake booster/master pic request

1MYTGTX

Local time
6:41 PM
Reaction score
Looking for 1967 factory disc brake car engine compartment pics. Specifically the power booster/ master set up. Preferably on 383-440 cars & not Hemi.
Are the master cylinder lines “supposed “ to exit on the pass side like the 68-70 b body’s? Booster should be the trapezoid style Bendix correct?
Hopefully yes to both because this is the route I’m going. LOL.
Thanks in advance.

Last edited:
Lines exit on fender side. Yes bendix booster, not smooth, crimped together.

67 Satellite 383 with power discs. I believe the booster is original - was on the car when I bought it as a 92k mile, 20 yr old used car. It has been rebuilt twice due to blown diaphragms. MC was replaced, but orignial brake lines exited fender side just as the do now.

20230610_113843.jpg
20230610_113928.jpg

67 Satellite 383 with power discs. I believe the booster is original - was on the car when I bought it as a 92k mile, 20 yr old used car. It has been rebuilt twice due to blown diaphragms. MC was replaced, but orignial brake lines exited fender side just as the do now.

View attachment 1477420View attachment 1477421
I believe this style booster mount is unique to the non hemi cars and only in 1967 B bodies.

Thanks for the pics. So even the 383-440’s got the Hemi style rear brackets?

View attachment 1477420View attachment 1477421
I believe the booster shown is a BENDIX TANDEM DIAPHRAGM UNIT.....and was used on HP and HEMI APPLICATIONS because of lower manifold vacuum produced by the engine.
BOB RENTON

That is what was on the car when I got it and I am fairly sure it is original. I'm the 3rd owner and very little had been done to it before me. Someone told me a long time ago that it had the hemi brakes because of the offset bracket.

67 parts book lists the offset brackets as hemi only. It also lists the Bendix dual diaphragm for all B-body w/discs (8 cyl only), but the only other mounting bracket shown is for the Midland Ross booster so idk.

Last edited:
That Bendix booster was used with disc brakes on all engines on 1967 b-bodies. Small block, 4 doors, wagon’s, etc. And it’s only used with disc brakes. It’s the power it makes, it has noth8ng to do with vacuum.

That Bendix booster was used with disc brakes on all engines on 1967 b-bodies. Small block, 4 doors, wagon’s, etc. And it’s only used with disc brakes. It’s the power it makes, it has noth8ng to do with vacuum.
Just found my 67 Belvedere Car and Equipment Prices salesman guide. It shows disc brakes available on all body styles and trim levels with 8 cyl. It was a $69.50 upgrade.

This is not the 1st time I've seen this style booster and brackets on 1967 non hemi cars with disc brakes

The jacked up bracket was for hemi cars, and they used it in 67 on 440 magnum RB's as well.

Thanks for the pictures all. I installed my repro booster & master today. I had a spare brand new NAPA manifold side line master so I went with that one. I could have reused the one that was on there but I can’t stand the 4 exit universal one.
I won’t tell that it’s ”incorrect” if you won’t. LOL.

IMG_3740.jpeg

IMG_3741.jpeg

IMG_3738.jpeg

Auto Transport Service
Back