• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

1967 Hemi GTX restoration

I had it powder coated and then bought the gauge bezel and glove box and dash pad all reproductions. Then put it together myself.
I got NOS bezels and a really nice condition wiring harness and took my time assembling

Inspection mark nerd-fest

IMG_3635.jpeg

Cleaning up the spot welds and making the small details pretty before it gets the “dip” coat then the factory primer

IMG_4068.jpeg

You can see the colour of the dip or primer ?? on this thing- almost a blueish green gray
This is the underside of the roof- u see what would have been under the headliner

IMG_4089.jpeg

IMG_4086.jpeg

So how did that end up that high up on the body ? Same colour was on the inner fenders and frame rails

IMG_6636.jpeg

IMG_4733.jpeg

They sprayed full primer as well. Dip line was generally up to the wheel wells. I need to get on my computer to show you the definite dip "line" on my 70. Don't think they did 66/67's any differently.

We saw the dip line - half way up the doors. That colour must be the primer .

They sprayed full primer as well. Dip line was generally up to the wheel wells. I need to get on my computer to show you the definite dip "line" on my 70. Don't think they did 66/67's any differently.

I think the 66 cars at least were different. At least some of them.

I have a survivor 66 Hemi Satellite and there is red primer like Hemidar1 shows in front wheel well.

IMG_7315.jpeg

IMG_7424.jpeg

IMG_7422.jpeg

IMG_7491.jpeg

Last edited:
I'm fairly well versed, I have a 10,235 mile 66 HP2 that the bottom has never been touched upon..
View attachment 1582403View attachment 1582404View attachment 1582405View attachment 1582407

Very nice!

I just show red primer like hemidart1 did.

It may be on top of the dip overspray from exterior primer.

I've seen variations on gray dip color and LA plant used black dip. Just keeping open mind on this and going off what whatever the car you’re working on is showing you.

I’m slowly documenting this car. Uncovering cool gems like two X’s on rear of springs.

IMG_7418.jpeg

Last edited:
Auto Transport Service
Back