• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

1967 Hemi GTX restoration

Very nice!

I just show red primer like hemidart1 did.

It may be on top of the dip overspray from exterior primer.

I've seen variations on gray dip color and LA plant used black dip. Just keeping open mind on this and going off what whatever the car you’re working on is showing you.

I’m slowly documenting this car. Uncovering cool gems like two X’s on rear of springs.

View attachment 1582426
awesome

Some primer references- here is what is on the roof under the headliner

IMG_4375.jpeg

IMG_4377.jpeg

IMG_4376.jpeg

Very nice!

I just show red primer like hemidart1 did.

It may be on top of the dip overspray from exterior primer.

I've seen variations on gray dip color and LA plant used black dip. Just keeping open mind on this and going off what whatever the car you’re working on is showing you.

I’m slowly documenting this car. Uncovering cool gems like two X’s on rear of springs.

View attachment 1582426
Steve, So this car is YOUR car ?

I'm fairly well versed, I have a 10,235 mile 66 HP2 that the bottom has never been touched upon..
View attachment 1582403View attachment 1582404View attachment 1582405View attachment 1582407

As I detail clean my car I think there is some red primer is on top of the grey dip on surfaces that point to the outside. And it is overspray from the exterior primer put down before final paint color.

Dadsbee, do you have anything like this?

My car definitly has red primer under the exterior paint. You can see it on the very bottom of the driver side quarter panel where the factory missed the final exterior ZZ1 gold paint.

IMG_7548 red oxide.JPG

IMG_7315 red oxide.JPG

Last edited:
I'll have a better look at it when I move it back to the shop, after I get the Daughter's Mazda out of it's spot. Being a Silver car I doubt it got Red Primer..

On my 66 Hemi Satellite I'm showing med green on inside and white outer on the front leaf spring eye markings.

@hemidart1 What was on you 67 4 speed car?

IMG_7586.JPG

Last edited:
My local NAPA had a rebuilt steering box in stock. Guy gave me a deal since nobody’s buying these anymore- $150
Date code is not right for my car- this one is 10-14-69
But for the price- can’t complain !

IMG_4748.jpeg

IMG_4749.jpeg

Question for hemi dart1. I have seen two separate ways of putting filters in fuel line. One is a single gas filter between the fuel pump and alternator bracket. The other way involves to Mopar inline filters( one to each carb) after the main line splitter..which is OEM.

IMG_0921.png

IMG_0942.png

As far as I know the way I have it is correct with the two filters

I believe they changed to a single filter between the pump and the “Y” fitting in later years. Not sure if it was 68 or 69.

I believe they changed to a single filter between the pump and the “Y” fitting in later years. Not sure if it was 68 or 69.
Correct, dual filters as shown is 1966 and 1967

68 they went to a single vapor separator / filter mounted at the fuel pump

Auto Transport Service
Back