• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

1967 Hemi GTX restoration

Next step is to press in the spring bushings and bolt the springs to the rear end

I had traces of blue and what looked like faded yellow. I did some searching and saw that blue and yellow was used along with blue and cream

Which years?
Auto or/and 4-speed?

Mine are 50+ years faded. Need to look at closer.

I saw this online

IMG_4952.jpeg

Cleaned up the garage- hoping to have the shell back soon and start installing the driveline

IMG_5046.jpeg

How is the clearance behind that power steering pump? My set up is rubbing so I probably am going to have to grind down the head. Have about the same set up. I need to start a thread on my 67 hemi 4 speed GTX.

Paint !
Let’s start with the epoxy primer. The quarters and roof are masked because they are ready for paint

IMG_5306.jpeg

IMG_5319.jpeg

IMG_5320.jpeg

IMG_5324.jpeg

IMG_5326.jpeg

IMG_5325.jpeg

Then came the dip primer - we colour matched it with a sample from under the trunk floor above the frame rail. Car was original paint so was easy to see the dip lines too. The runs in the seam sealer were to match what was originally there

IMG_5366.jpeg

IMG_5367.jpeg

IMG_5356.jpeg

IMG_5357.jpeg

IMG_5360.jpeg

IMG_5361.jpeg

IMG_5364.jpeg

IMG_5368.jpeg

Next was the grey/teal sealer in spots that we saw it when we tore the car down. Like under the headliner , inner fenders, frame rails etc

IMG_5406.jpeg

IMG_5405.jpeg

IMG_5403.jpeg

IMG_5395.jpeg

IMG_5397.jpeg

Nice details! Great work.

On my particular 66 Satellite, it shows same dip grey but red primer under the exterior painted surfaces (ZZ1 gold). The dip grey is underneath the red primer only on exterior painted and some angled overspray surfaces. Dip grey base underneath floor pan.

Last edited:
Some paint - waiting for a chance to tack it so we can throw some clear.
Bottom of the frame rails get no paint - just like factory

IMG_5426.jpeg

IMG_5425.jpeg

IMG_5419.jpeg

Gravel guard time- tried to replicate the factory spray pattern and areas they quickly taped off

IMG_5512.jpeg

IMG_5510.jpeg

IMG_5520.jpeg

IMG_5518.jpeg

IMG_5511.jpeg

IMG_5513.jpeg

Auto Transport Service
Back