• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

1968 Charger Hood Insulation

classiccar68

Local time
11:26 AM
Reaction score
Members, purchased a hood insulation piece from classic car industries and it fell apart during insulation. Does anyone make an original style material hood insulation? Any assistance would be greatly appreciated. Scott

I have been selling the reproduction molded hood pads from REM and they are the most correct reproduction available. Like most reproductions, it is not 100%, but in my opinion much better looking and fitting than the generic fiberglass pads that are available. One thing to take into consideration is that they are very fragile, until you get them in place. If you mishandle them in any way, they will break. I have one or two broken at each show where someone will grab for them and break the edge.
Also all of the reproduction clips do not fit the holes like the originals. I have yet to find a manufacture that has them that will not pop out upon installation or that they are so tight that they will not allow them to enter the hole.
If you should be attending Carlisle, you can take a look at the piece

Yeah I got one from Classic, $80 something bucks and a oversize ship fee. Fits like a saddle on a sow and is brittle as hell. When I contacted them they dropped the ball as far as an explanation on a return,refund ect. Poor cust service and I havent placed an order since.

I have been selling the reproduction molded hood pads from REM and they are the most correct reproduction available. Like most reproductions, it is not 100%, but in my opinion much better looking and fitting than the generic fiberglass pads that are available. One thing to take into consideration is that they are very fragile, until you get them in place. If you mishandle them in any way, they will break. I have one or two broken at each show where someone will grab for them and break the edge.
Also all of the reproduction clips do not fit the holes like the originals. I have yet to find a manufacture that has them that will not pop out upon installation or that they are so tight that they will not allow them to enter the hole.
If you should be attending Carlisle, you can take a look at the piece
What spot are in for Carlisle?

Our tent will be located in rows H and I in spots 136 through 143, just below building T.

Auto Transport Service
Back