• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

1968 Charger, Ray Barton 528 Hemi, Pro-touring.

Took me a while but the trim is there..
Center pieces are new and had some old corners to pick and chose from. Polished them but they aren't in perfect shape but will do for now. Will Invest in new pieces eventually.
Zinc-plated all old fasteners since I didn't have a new kit.

IMG_20210413_182420.jpg IMG_20210413_182407.jpg IMG_20210413_185734.jpg IMG_20210413_200837_Bokeh.jpg IMG_20210413_200823_Bokeh.jpg

Forgot the little detail that the bumper support frame must be mounted before the front valance..:mad:
So, tore that down, in with the support and up with the valance again.
Removed torsion bars and fitted the rubber protection and clips that I was missing.
Fitted the front edelbrock shocks and the steering rods again with the bumpsteer bushings.
So I feel I'm back to square one again..

Prepared an alu bracket for mounting electrical stuff like the coil, msd ignition box, msd tach module and all relays for headlights, linear actuators etc. I'll need to paint it black though.

Spent a lot of time figuring out where to mount the power distribution.and I think it will end up on the rad support, driver side.

IMG_20210414_204125.jpg IMG_20210414_204054.jpg IMG_20210414_204048.jpg IMG_20210414_204005.jpg IMG_20210331_210805.jpg IMG_20210331_210835.jpg

Forgot the little detail that the bumper support frame must be mounted before the front valance..:mad:
So, tore that down, in with the support and up with the valance again.
Removed torsion bars and fitted the rubber protection and clips that I was missing.
Fitted the front edelbrock shocks and the steering rods again with the bumpsteer bushings.
So I feel I'm back to square one again..

Prepared an alu bracket for mounting electrical stuff like the coil, msd ignition box, msd tach module and all relays for headlights, linear actuators etc. I'll need to paint it black though.

Spent a lot of time figuring out where to mount the power distribution.and I think it will end up on the rad support, driver side.

View attachment 1097564 View attachment 1097565 View attachment 1097566 View attachment 1097567 View attachment 1097569 View attachment 1097571
Looks like a nice clean installation of the electrical mounting!

Got a new steering wheel and a universal hub that was supposed to fit.. well of course it didn't. The splines was correct but the offset wasn't. The splines in the hub didn't reach the steering columns splines. So I had to modify it, thank god for easy acces to the lathe. Cut off 9mm and made a bushing on 13mm. This gave me the correct offset. It had an ugly wrinkle paint finish so i took that off and will spray it with the same satin black as the rest of the column. I have to think about how to make a slip ring somehow. I don't like the idea of a lose cable coiled up inside to the horn button..
Finished the front end and tried spacing out the weels and adjust the torsion bars just to get an idea how it will look.

26f580d43ff5944a6dabbd2c7948c541.jpg IMG_20210415_173252.jpg IMG_20210415_184218.jpg IMG_20210415_181729.jpg IMG_20210415_182419.jpg IMG_20210415_203850.jpg IMG_20210415_204046.jpg IMG_20210415_204213_Bokeh.jpg

That steering wheel and column looks GREAT!!
:thumbsup: :lowdown::lowdown:
I've been considering a different steering wheel, although I like mine, it's in good shape, but I have power steering now since I got my CVF Wraptor serpentine belt and accessories system, and my interior isn't "stock":
20190701_182036.jpg

Just have to show this.. I'm practically born in Chargers so me working on a Hemi Charger is almost inevitable. This is from a Swedish magazine from 1984 when I was 7 years old. My dad had at the time already owned 4 true Hemi mopars and it didn't stop there!
To bad genuin Hemi Chargers are just too expensive now but buying this car back would be a dream come true.

received_899613010884158.jpeg received_163975055603850.jpeg received_149296570476760.jpeg received_1453851971627408.jpeg received_201762574817053.jpeg

And underneath the heading.
"Around the word Hemi lies a magical aura.
Hardly any other engine gets that many "oh's" and "ah's" when the hood is opened.
Lars-Göran was one of those who "oh"'d in the early 70's.
Today he's in on his fourth Hemi!"

@Jarven1977
What a great story.
It's always seemed to me like English and Swedish language were "close" in ways, especially compared to other languages.
I assume you speak and write both, so is my impression true?
Thanks.

@Jarven1977
What a great story.
It's always seemed to me like English and Swedish language were "close" in ways, especially compared to other languages.
Thanks.
Well, a lot of words are close but Swedish gramatics is known for one of the most difficult to learn. Supposedly

Well, a lot of words are close but Swedish gramatics is known for one of the most difficult to learn. Supposedly
I took French in grade school, 3rd through 8th. It wasn't optional :rolleyes:
By 8th grade I could converse ok all in French. The strangest aspect of that and Spanish is "male and female" definite articles, "le and la" and "les" for plural at least is easy, and l' when the noun begins with a vowel.
My teacher was from France, and at first when she said "noun" I thought she was saying "now" so that got me off to a slow start...
:lol:

@Jarven1977
What a great story.
Thanks.
If you go back in time to "prehistory", Germanic tribes migrated to both England and to Scandinavia, so both English and Swedish have their roots in ancient German. So I guess that makes them related in an ancient way. I speak and read both Swedish and English, and I find I can understand a lot of German words since some are close to either Swedish or English.

If you go back in time to "prehistory", Germanic tribes migrated to both England and to Scandinavia, so both English and Swedish have their roots in ancient German. So I guess that makes them related in an ancient way. I speak and read both Swedish and English, and I find I can understand a lot of German words since some are close to either Swedish or English.
Are you from Sweden or how come you know Swedish? Excuse for my ignorance.

Nice way to grow up having a Mopar dad. BTW, on your steering wheel adaptor not fitting? It does fit what you have, just need to "install" it in the trunk. Will fit perfectly.:rofl:

Nice way to grow up having a Mopar dad. BTW, on your steering wheel adaptor not fitting? It does fit what you have, just need to "install" it in the trunk. Will fit perfectly.:rofl:
Come on! Can you find a more uncomfortable wheel than oem?:carrot:

Are you from Sweden or how come you know Swedish? Excuse for my ignorance.
I was born in Sweden but moved away when I was 2 1/2 years old. I still have family in Örebro, Stockholm, Katrineholm and Nyköping.

My nephew is big into American cars and trucks. He drives a Chevy pickup truck and a 90's Caprice station wagon. I guess I need to sway him to Mopars! :p

I was born in Sweden but moved away when I was 2 1/2 years old. I still have family in Örebro, Stockholm, Katrineholm and Nyköping.

My nephew is big into American cars and trucks. He drives a Chevy pickup truck and a 90's Caprice station wagon. I guess I need to sway him to Mopars! :p
What?! You can't let that slide, you need to guide him over from the dark side:D
I have family in Örebro. My uncle (mother side)had a shop there, "Custom Racing" they used to be quite big on the Swedish muscle car scene back in the day.

Auto Transport Service
Back