• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

1968 Charger, Ray Barton 528 Hemi, Pro-touring.

I love that console, is it also out of a Challenger?

Maybe he woks on his at night? Maybe the sun hasn't gone down yet that far north?:lol:Hope everything is OK !

Hey guys! Sorry for not checking in here for a while. I've been busy to say the least...

I got a little stuck waiting for the upholstery guy to finish my interior panels and then I sort of invested in an industrial real estate and also started a side business installing solar panels. As you may have heard there was a little invasion in Europe giving us soaring energy prices. I was in the midst of buying this property but didn't back off, I bought it even though I suspected that the energy prices were most likely to sky rocket, and they for sure did...
Most of the industrial buildings on the plot I bought are rented out but they are rented out fully heated unfortunately. So what to do, I had a look at solar panels and since I'm a fully certified electrican I might as well do the job myself!
So one thing led to the other and now I have my own business and already I'm cramped with solar panel projects oustide of my 100% daytime job. If this continues I'm gonna have to start hiring and get some employees helping me with this. Went up early this morning to have a look at two more projects actually, I'm already saying no to projects that are "less desirable".
If life gives you lemons you better figure out how to make lemonade and I guess that's what I did.. I have 3 projects I need to finish before snow hits but I think I can make it and after that I wont do any installations until maybe March next year. That should give me some spare time to have the Charger completed this winter. SO within a couple of months I'll probably be more active here again.

Until next time!

IMG_20220807_173843.jpg

Last edited:
I love that console, is it also out of a Challenger?
That is correct sir, same 2017 Challenger as the rest of the interior. Nice to have the USB outlets, cup holders and storage. And of course, the arm rest.

Hey Jarven, hope all is well! Any progress this summer?
None, nada, zip, zero, noll. But I'll give it a new go this winter, next spring!(Feel like I've said that for many years now...)

Hey guys! Sorry for not checking in here for a while. I've been busy to say the least...

I got a little stuck waiting for the upholstery guy to finish my interior panels and then I sort of invested in an industrial real estate and also started a side business installing solar panels. As you may have heard there was a little invasion in Europe giving us soaring energy prices. I was in the midst of buying this property but didn't back off, I bought it even though I suspected that the energy prices were most likely to sky rocket, and they for sure did...
Most of the industrial buildings on the plot I bought are rented out but they are rented out fully heated unfortunately. So what to do, I had a look at solar panels and since I'm a fully certified electrican I might as well do the job myself!
So one thing led to the other and now I have my own business and already I'm cramped with solar panel projects oustide of my 100% daytime job. If this continues I'm gonna have to start hiring and get some employees helping me with this. Went up early this morning to have a look at two more projects actually, I'm already saying no to projects that are "less desirable".
If life gives you lemons you better figure out how to make lemonade and I guess that's what I did.. I have 3 projects I need to finish before snow hits but I think I can make it and after that I wont do any installations until maybe March next year. That should give me some spare time to have the Charger completed this winter. SO within a couple of months I'll probably be more active here again.

Until next time!

View attachment 1353915
Good to hear from you. It sounds like your just as capable in your business life as you are with car building! Continued good luck.
Mike

Sounds like a busy summer. :) Glad to hear you are doing well.

Beautiful landscape there.

So, still haven't touched the poor old Charger but I finally received parts from overseas. Ordered rims, tires and some other stuff almost two years ago. The container got stuck in Florida due to the recent years of transport chaos but it finally arrived. I'm hoping this will get my motivation up again.
The tires are really fat.. a bit more than I hoped for but according to my measurements it should still be possible to squeese in.
The rims are 18x9.5", the rear set will be widened to 11".
Rear tires are 315/35-18 but they are actually slightly wider, 325mm... I have room for 345mm so it should be possible if I line everything up perfectly.
Front tires are 275/40-18.
The rims will be painted black to make them look like "police" steel rims with hub caps.

20230718_095857.jpg

20230718_095953.jpg

20230718_100144.jpg

20230718_100243.jpg

Ordered rims, tires and some other stuff almost two years ago. The container got stuck in Florida due to the recent years of transport chaos but it finally arrived.
Wow, are you saying it took two years for you to get parts? I thought we had it bad in the USA with limited stock and shipping delays, but your experience makes me feel fortunate.

Regardless, we would all appreciate seeing your car make progress. Post some pictures and stuff you are working on - maybe that can help with motivation too!

Rear tires are 315/35-18 but they are actually slightly wider, 325mm...
:thumbsup::lowdown:Toyo Proxes TQ drag radials!!
I picked a pair of those in 315/35/17 when I got my Year One 17" aluminum Rallye wheels and they have been excellent tires. I'm cheating a bit with the 9" wide rear wheels being a bit narrower than recommended, but 4+ years, and no problems. 5" backspace

Auto Transport Service
Back