• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

1968 Plymouth RoadRunner backspacing question

Hi, I have a 69 RoaRunner and I'm about to order a set of Magnum 500s, 15x8 with 275/60/15 rear and 15x7 with 245/60/15 front. I don't know what to expect but I hope it turns out good. Quick question; why do you put 70's on the front and 60's on the rear? or 60's on the front and 50's on the rear? Just curious if it would it would have the car sitting up in the front?

Quick question; why do you put 70's on the front and 60's on the rear?
A 275/60/15 is 28" tall. The 245/60/15 you picked to go on the front are 26" tall. So you have a 2" difference in height before you even take the suspension in to account. 275's on the rear along with 225/70/15 (27.4" tall) in front make a nice combo. Slight rake and the 225's fit on a 7 " rim as well.

Hi, I have a 69 RoaRunner and I'm about to order a set of Magnum 500s, 15x8 with 275/60/15 rear and 15x7 with 245/60/15 front. I don't know what to expect but I hope it turns out good. Quick question; why do you put 70's on the front and 60's on the rear? or 60's on the front and 50's on the rear? Just curious if it would it would have the car sitting up in the front?

Good luck finding a set of Magnum 500's 15x8 and 15x7 wheels. I've had a set on order since early March and last week they said wouldn't be available until the end of July.... Got my redline tires from Diamond Back ready to go and no wheels to mount then onto.

Good luck finding a set of Magnum 500's 15x8 and 15x7 wheels. I've had a set on order since early March and last week they said wouldn't be available until the end of July.... Got my redline tires from Diamond Back ready to go and no wheels to mount then onto.
I have a really nice set of those that I put about 500 miles on over the course of 1 summer. Maybe I should think of selling if they are that hard to come by?

Good luck finding a set of Magnum 500's 15x8 and 15x7 wheels. I've had a set on order since early March and last week they said wouldn't be available until the end of July.... Got my redline tires from Diamond Back ready to go and no wheels to mount them onto.
WOW!!! I just ordered them yesterday and they assured me that I'd have them by Wednesday of next week so all I can do is keep my fingers crossed and hope for the best.

I have a really nice set of those that I put about 500 miles on over the course of 1 summer. Maybe I should think of selling if they are that hard to come by?
I'll be selling my 14" Magnum 500 as soon as I get my new ones. For me, there's no reason to keep them because I'm never going back.

I'll be selling my 14" Magnum 500 as soon as I get my new ones. For me, there's no reason to keep them because I'm never going back.
Mine are new 15". 8 and 7's that I bought a few years ago.

WOW!!! I just ordered them yesterday and they assured me that I'd have them by Wednesday of next week so all I can do is keep my fingers crossed and hope for the best.

Where did you order from?
Mine are ordered with Coker Tire and I'm not happy at all with their customer service / communication about the back order. When I ordered in early March I was told end of May (not a problem) and nothing showed as shipping so I called and waited on hold for about 45 minutes and found out now it's going to be the end of July... I would expect some type of customer service communication from them since it's been moved out another 60 days!

I ordered mine from Performance Plus. I stumbled across them and everyone else was sold out.

When I ordered in early March I was told end of May (not a problem) and nothing showed as shipping so I called and waited on hold for about 45 minutes and found out now it's going to be the end of July...

I was told the same thing from Summit. I ordered my 15x7’s and they shipped to me in two days. My 15x8’s were supposed to ship on 5/12. I waited until 5/16 and gave them a call. They told me it would be the middle of august before they got them. I returned the 15x7’s and cancelled the 8’s. I’m going with legendary magnum 500’s. They’re in stock. Before I ordered the legendary wheels, I called Coker. He told me he would be surprised if they got them out by August.

I was told the same thing from Summit. I ordered my 15x7’s and they shipped to me in two days. My 15x8’s were supposed to ship on 5/12. I waited until 5/16 and gave them a call. They told me it would be the middle of august before they got them. I returned the 15x7’s and cancelled the 8’s. I’m going with legendary magnum 500’s. They’re in stock. Before I ordered the legendary wheels, I called Coker. He told me he would be surprised if they got them out by August.

Hey, I ordered my legendary Magnum 500's on 5/19/21 and they came 5/22/21. I was shocked that they came so quickly. Check out Performance Plus. I spoke to Howard. He assured me that they would bolt right on. 15x8 in the rear, 15x7 up front. I ordered my tires from Tire Agent, 275/60/15 rear and 245/60/15 up front. I think he's the manager or the owner. Let me know how you make out and good luck!!! https://www.performanceplustire.com...cqcMwdSzG0MVJgqTH608jJA_hGBmmszQaAv5gEALw_wcB

Auto Transport Service
Back