• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

1968 Road Runner Heater Assembly ?

cadyjl

Local time
11:11 PM
Reaction score
My son is restoring my "68 Road Runner in CA, I am in AZ, trying to help him with research. He said I am missing a part he needs, thinks it is called a heater box assembly or heater distribution assembly. (I don't know why it is missing as I am 2nd owner of car since 1969). From what I can tell it is no longer reproduced and I may have to settle for a used one. Can anyone suggest if I am using the right terms in my online search or know where I might find one ? Thanks.

Heater assembly should get you there. Scroll down the forums and start a wanted thread for one. Someone here has one setting on the shelf from a car they parted out.

My son is restoring my "68 Road Runner in CA, I am in AZ, trying to help him with research. He said I am missing a part he needs, thinks it is called a heater box assembly or heater distribution assembly. (I don't know why it is missing as I am 2nd owner of car since 1969). From what I can tell it is no longer reproduced and I may have to settle for a used one. Can anyone suggest if I am using the right terms in my online search or know where I might find one ? Thanks.
Is it heater only or do you have factory air conditioning?

I would ask your son for a pic of whats missing .Were it gos.

Sounds odd that the whole heater assy is missing and the OP didn't know that? Yes get a picture of the area or piece that is missing.

Sounds odd that the whole heater assy is missing and the OP didn't know that? Yes get a picture of the area or piece that is missing.
My mistake. The whole assembly is NOT missing, he needs the passenger side heater vent box. (working on getting a pic )

So I finally have a picture of what we are looking for We are calling it a heater vent box but we are not sure that is correct. It appears to be some kind of ducting (?) that goes here, round on one end, square on the other ? This picture is looking up from the floor of passenger side. Since we don't know what to call it I am having difficulty searching for the part. Any insight,
suggestions will be greatly appreciated.
20240122_183125.jpg

That part is not reproduced and they are a bit hard to find in good condition, but they are out there.

Start with a 6 inch 90 duct and make your square flange and fit it up, maybe?

That part is not reproduced and they are a bit hard to find in good condition, but they are out there.
I was thinking there would not be a reproduction since we are having hard time finding it. At least now we know what to search for. thank you!

Auto Transport Service
Back