• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

1968 Runner post w/ 6.1L, 6 speed, IRS

I just came across this thread and looked carefully for some info.

What a great project congrats in its build.

But Could you please tell me, you refer back to "parts that I got from another SRT 8 this or challenger that.

How many cars did you part out? and how do you find these hemi 6 speeds to part?

I look all the time and only find clapped out automatics.

I just came across this thread and looked carefully for some info.

What a great project congrats in its build.

But Could you please tell me, you refer back to "parts that I got from another SRT 8 this or challenger that.

How many cars did you part out? and how do you find these hemi 6 speeds to part?

I look all the time and only find clapped out automatics.

Ive bought 5 or 6 manual transmission Challengers at IAAI.com or copart.com. The manual cars are few and far between but they’re out there. Look at 09-14 model cars. I’m not afraid to buy some really damaged cars as long as it wasn’t hit hard right in the middle of the front bumper. I also stay away from fire and flood cars. Been there...tried that.

The Roadrunner came off the rotisserie for some panel alignment. The hood, fenders, and doors were all pinned for easy removal and reinstallment.

x9AtsL0.jpg

buLMxYF.jpg

i8dojK8.jpg

0q0gFyn.jpg

The 6.1L engine and TR6060 transmission are mated and on the RMS K frame. The engine is a 50K mile factory built short block. I added an Arrington cam shaft and CNC ported heads. The intake manifold has also been ported. From the factory it was rated at 425hp. It should comfortably make 500hp.

MXGWqtth.jpg

yjHrroah.jpg

Holley wiring harness added
LGNyz8Uh.jpg

When are the 6.1 factory headers coming off?

They aren’t! The headers have been modified to fit. They are the Jeep 6.1L manifolds.

Rear suspension is loaded! The axles are from DSS and they slipped right in.

sUD4JwRh.jpg

9wIEqh2h.jpg

I don't like the taxi cab clusters so I went with a Charger rally dash frame bought the Dakota Digital gauges for 68-70 Charger. I rooted through my parts stash and picked out my nice Charger panel switches and cluster bezel. The bezel was redyed and came out pretty nice

Y2pD5AHh.jpg

DZ0LWY1h.jpg

0zVToFUh.jpg

Sitting on its own suspension! It will sit at least an inch lower all the way around.

qctDdb1h.jpg

fUlB8pEh.jpg

ISLtXAKh.jpg

I was looking through your thread and saw where you made your own core support stiffener. I am thinking of doing this myself and have a couple of questions. What gauge metal did you use? It looks pretty thick.
Also, did you cut out the old core support and weld yours in? The reason I ask is you fabbed up a completely boxed support so I assume you cut the old out and welded to the frame rails at each end?
Thanks

Lower radiator support needed reinforced and I didn't like any of the aftermarket options...
[/QUOTE}
core1.jpg

core2.jpg

core3.jpg

Auto Transport Service
Back