• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

1969 A12 Super Bee

Someone spent some coin this weekend. Good for you. I love how the six pack set up is sitting on the kitchen counter.

I met you at the front desk of the hotel on Friday.
Cool that you scored some parts.

Hey man, it was great to meet you and your friend. I was out wandering at night looking for a BBQ but couldn't find you guys. I did get a better look at your Coronet though. Beautiful car.

The carbs sure look right. I'm not so sure about the intake being an original A12. The early over-the-counter Sixpack intakes could be spotted as non-original from across a parking lot, they had ch6 cast on the heat crossover, and no part number. I know, I've got one.. It made restorers unhappy, so edelbrock changed the mold,getting rid of the ch6 and putting the part number back.
What makes me wonder, is two things....I know the six at the end of the part# on the originals is faint, and slightly "wonky". Yours is MAYBE a little too nice. And, it doesn't look like it has ever had paint. All original A12 intakes had paint.
This is NOT a put-down, I love your car and what you are doing. I would DEFINITELY use your intake and carbs. Just paint the intake.

The carbs sure look right. I'm not so sure about the intake being an original A12. The early over-the-counter Sixpack intakes could be spotted as non-original from across a parking lot, they had ch6 cast on the heat crossover, and no part number. I know, I've got one.. It made restorers unhappy, so edelbrock changed the mold,getting rid of the ch6 and putting the part number back.
What makes me wonder, is two things....I know the six at the end of the part# on the originals is faint, and slightly "wonky". Yours is MAYBE a little too nice. And, it doesn't look like it has ever had paint. All original A12 intakes had paint.
This is NOT a put-down, I love your car and what you are doing. I would DEFINITELY use your intake and carbs. Just paint the intake.

Not doubting you, and thank you for your feedback, but could you post a pic of yours without a part number? I have never heard that before. I have heard the same thing about the exaggerated and offset 6 at the end. I also heard that they cleaned it up some but the new 6 was still off base some (which mine is). Been doing a lot of reading on them today and never came across anything with no part number at all.

And mine was recently painted. Not sure by whom and when but it has been painted and cleaned up a bit.

This is my NON original intake. The edelbrock logo,cylinder numbers, and firing order/rotation logos are very poorly defined, and the CH6 gives it away as a late counter intake after the cores had worn out. The core shift is terrible too. Mine was free, but that's cause it will take some work to make it usable. It was the victim of an unsuccessful attempt to conceal a nitrous setup (by someone else).

20210815_180148.jpg 20210815_180157.jpg 20210815_180235.jpg 20210815_180219.jpg 20210815_180214.jpg

Great Find. If you're from LA, how'd you get your dane here to Ohio? I, too, would leave it an auto. Some cars are just icon status and deserve to be preserved instead of modified. Jmho. Can't wait to see you start the resto.

Great Find. If you're from LA, how'd you get your dane here to Ohio? I, too, would leave it an auto. Some cars are just icon status and deserve to be preserved instead of modified. Jmho. Can't wait to see you start the resto.
Don't tell us you traded the Grt.Dane for the parts? You'll be banned forever!!!!

Auto Transport Service
Back