• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

1969 B Body Brake Hose replacement

young99

Local time
10:43 PM
Reaction score
I am slowly working my way through the brakes on my 1969 Coronet and have a question about the rear parts I am hoping to ask. My car is setup with disc on front and drums in rear. I have replaced the Master Cylinder and got my front discs working well. I have ordered all the parts needed for the rear except the bake hose.

When I was looking at the rear brake hose I noticed it has a small block it either runs to or is built into near the rear differential. Does anyone have experience with replacing this or possibly pictures of this? I am little confused on the right parts to replace this hose and box.

While I am fixing this I plan to replace all the rear lines. The original lines have gravel guards which I cant find locally. I am probably opening a can of worms by asking this but, do you think the gravel guards are still needed with these newer tougher brake lines? :icon_study:

I recently replaced all my brake lines and hoses. The lines that I got had the gravel guards and bends just like the factory lines, as they were a replacement set for my car. I got them from Dante's, they were made by Inline tube and were easy to install. The connector on the rear end for the rear hoses is just a brass fitting that is bolted in place. If it isn't damaged, it can be reused.

Yep, that is exactly what it looks like when I was crawling around under there. Thank you guys for the update this is a huge help.
Hopefully I can reuse what I have. My brake lines going to it is pretty rounded out for some reason. Ill try and get them off without making too much damage.

The little button on top whats that for? The replacements I see don't appear to have one.

The button on the top is a breather

The button on the top is a breather
For the axle tube, not the brake lines. The rear end lubricant (don't go there..) will expand and push past the seals if this vent is clogged or if a regular cap screw is used.

Auto Transport Service
Back