• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

1969 Charger 383 A/T A/C rust free awakened from a deep slumber

saccyclone

Local time
6:20 PM
Reaction score
As if I don't have enough "B" bodies to bring back to life, i found this one that had been sitting in a California garage for the last 10+ years and many years in another location before that. I decided to sell my 68 Superbee and restore this car instead...just like the body style and hidden headlights on the Charger. Here are some pics before the awakening occurred. Quarters, floor, trunk, and everything else except bottom of rear window are rust free. And to think that this was suppose to be a parts car for another car....wow how times have changed..Will be moved out into the sunlight on friday for the first washing in many years...here are a few pics.. Vin # XP29H9B......

IMG_2468.jpgIMG_2472.jpgIMG_2469.jpg

I like the Chargers with the hideaway headlights. Did you get all the parts with it? Green my favorite color. Even has a hangman's rope

got all the sheet metal...another friend has the complete front grill, complete front suspension, and some other parts that i will need.....im sure that i will be on the hunt in the next few months......thanks

And to think that this was suppose to be a parts car for another car....wow how times have changed..

You bet they have! Looks like a good project..Best of luck bringing her back.

not to many guys would sell thier mopar to restore another one, I congratulate you on this quest!

Nice looking project. Keep the pictures coming.

Looks like it will be a clean looking car once you get it out and all the parts organized.

Wow great find, looks like it's in pretty excellent condition. Good luck on the resto, bring on the car ****!
:popcorn:

An afternoon of clean up found that only some light surface rust...typical of a california car stored inside many years...here are some more pics...

IMG_2535.jpgIMG_2534.jpgIMG_2506.jpgIMG_2508.jpgIMG_2524.jpgIMG_2539.jpg

- - - Updated - - -

some more pics of parts that came with car...i do have hood, trunk lid and pass door installed now...

IMG_2577.jpgIMG_2578.jpgIMG_2584.jpgIMG_2587.jpgIMG_2558.jpg

- - - Updated - - -

So here are a few pics of the trunk....i found one pin hole but who knows after the car goes to the media blaster....i hope i dont have to replace the trunk pan....any of you started out with a trunk looking like this and what happened after the blaster happened???????

IMG_2544.jpgIMG_2545.jpgIMG_2546.jpg

I wouldn't know what to do with a car that solid. A few more holes will probably open up during blasting, but it wouldn't be the end of the world if you had to change the trunk pan it is not that big of a project. You are lucky to be starting with such a nice foundation.

wow that's a nice one to redo :headbang:

Car looks solid... I love our Calif. cars, Sacramento is a great climate too, usually very little rust, especially compared to the east coast, north east or mid west cars....

if that is original paint you are starting with a nice base there.good luck!keep us updated on your progress.

You are one lucky dude, that car looks great. Enjoy

We'll....I have been busy on my 70 GTX clone and putting pieces back on this 69 Charger...here are some more pics...will be posting it up for sale in the next week or to in the correct section. Thanks, Mike

IMG_3327.jpgIMG_3328.jpgIMG_3333.jpgIMG_3329.jpgIMG_3330.jpg

- - - Updated - - -

As you can see i got some suspension under the front end and a 8 3/4 housing under the rear. Got seats back inside and sheet metal bolted up. I do have the fender tag 383 4 bbl auto and California black plates. Will make a great project for someone. I just need to concentrate on my 70 GTX, it's been in the body shop for a few months now and is just about ready for paint. Thanks for looking.....PS...probably gonna post the 69 Charger for around 7500 and see where it sells.

- - - Updated - - -

Here are a few pics of the 1970 that is close to paint.....I bought a set of 15x8 magnums a few weeks ago and I got a center console with the brackets and hardware for the shifter. Lucky to have found a guy in the Sacramento area that has a lot of B body parts that i need...especially for a 70. Anyway just plugging away and keeping the faith....

IMG_3435.jpgIMG_3434.jpg

- - - Updated - - -

O ya...one last thing....got a steel 70 GTX hood last week at the Mopar swap meet in Rancho Cordova....learning how to long block which is great fun in 100 degree heat last week...

Wow that '70 will be awesome :icon_thumleft: and a good price for a good project with the charger, sure it will get picked up quick. Good luck!

I wish I had more room & extra car funds... I'd come off the Mountain & swoop that thing up.... Sac.'s only 100 miles away & I'm down there allot, usually in the Rancho Murieta area... It will make a great start to a solid project for someone...

- - - Updated - - -

the 70 GTX clone is looking good too, it wont be long now.... good luck on both

Auto Transport Service
Back