• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

1969 Charger Restro - Now my turn

Made it to the point we put the pedal assembly, heater box in

IMG_2658.JPG

Next to the rear end. The shocks, rear end with most of the brakes done. Leaf springs also installed. ( sorry some of the pictures are dark) Fuel lines done also.

IMG_2668.JPG IMG_2669.JPG IMG_2670.JPG

The last thing we did was to install the tank, gas cap and the filler neck. Also put in the dome light housing and the tail light harness( I did not get a picture of that), oh yea, the spare tire bracket.
As I said before......the little things are killing me.....dam bolts and screws, grommets,.....well and every other little darn thing. I have been online searing for so many parts, I feel like it is my full time job!

IMG_2665.JPG IMG_2666.JPG

Been working real hard on the charger, my Body guy keeps putting things in for me ( I had intended to do more myself, but I would be ALOT slower), so things keep moving along.
We put the engine, headers, deck lid today and then the brake lines, power booster...as I said before....we have ran into SO many little screws and bolts that we keep needing that we would have a lot more done by now if not for them.......Little things! More tomorrow!

IMG_2670.JPG IMG_2683.JPG IMG_2684.JPG IMG_2685.JPG IMG_2686.JPG

Wow! That is a great looking Charger. Keep the updates coming.

I bought one of these, worth its weight in gold helps a lot, obvious you want the 69, answers a lot of question I had, might help you on reinstalling parts
20180211_171239.jpg

Progress, slow but moving, I hate to find out we are moving along nicely, only to get stopped by missing a small part or screw. We would have had it running by now if not for the little things.....:drama: Put the Mopar valve covers on in place of the stock covers. I really like the look of them. Added the Carb, wire harnesses for the engine and forward lights. Ran the vacuum lines for the headlights. Installed the clutch fan and the fan.......hum what else did we install..................or miss....:drama: ahhhh yes, the heater hoses, battery cables, washer bottle.

IMG_2701.JPG IMG_2702.JPG IMG_2703.JPG IMG_2709.JPG IMG_2714.JPG

The guy that is installing my head liner, came in today and gave me one of these. He said he purchased them back in the early 70's for a $1 It is a really neat patch that I will put on one of my shirts.

IMG_2725.JPG

Moving right along nicely. The vinyl top is on, installed the transmission, and the shifter. Amazing how much time to get this far!

IMG_2727.JPG IMG_2728.JPG IMG_2732.JPG

Next we put in the exhaust system and the drive shaft.

IMG_2743.JPG IMG_2744.JPG IMG_2745.JPG IMG_2747.JPG IMG_2748.JPG IMG_2749.JPG

Quarter glass also went in, put more things on the engine, like the fan, hooked up the heater hoses.

IMG_2736.JPG IMG_2737.JPG

Made it to the rear bumper, almost looks like the rear light is on.

IMG_2752.JPG

Last thing we did today was to get most of the dash together and installed the wire harness. One big road block is the new Tic Tock Tack does not have any wires out of the harness to connect to it, so we are going to have to make up our own harness to install on the dash for the tack.

IMG_2753.JPG IMG_2754.JPG IMG_2755.JPG IMG_2756.JPG

So much more has been finished, but with a death in the family and STILL not having any power for 4 days, I have to play catch up with what has been done since the last post. Getting the dash and carpet put in.

IMG_2759.JPG IMG_2766.JPG IMG_2770.JPG

Next we got to the console and carpet installed. Plus put in the drivers seat to bleed the brakes and test the clutch. BTW, the T handle on the shifter was one that came out of my 69 Road Runner that I have over 30 years ago. Don't ask me why I kept it all these years. It was sitting in my drawer, had to put it on.

IMG_2771.JPG IMG_2774.JPG IMG_2776.JPG IMG_2784.JPG

onto getting the complete engine bay done. One of my favorite parts of the whole build is the ORIGINAL air cleaner that came off my Friends B body back from 69 or 70 (forgot which year) he kept it all these years only to let me have it. The paint is still the same paint on it from the factory. Even the air filter is back from 69 or 70, (or so) Also put the radiator in.
Plus WE STARTED it for the very first time and let the engine warm up only to see it rise to 220 and find out the thermostat was bad right out of the box. Put a new one in and ran at 180 the whole time.

IMG_2767.JPG IMG_2769.JPG IMG_2781.JPG IMG_2782.JPG

Last edited:
Went to see the car today and heeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeerrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr it is with the fenders and nose one. Made me so happy! Plus both doors are on, sill plates installed, and drivers mirror on.

IMG_2787.JPG IMG_2790.JPG IMG_2793.JPG IMG_2797.JPG IMG_2799.JPG IMG_2803.JPG

Auto Transport Service
Back