• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

1969 Charger Restro - Now my turn

Now onto the stupid. Once we let the front end down, the brand new pass side front shock blew out and leaked oil, ordered a new one and installed it. The gas gauge was not working and found out the sending unit was bad, more repop junk form China. Had to adjust the floats because from the factory it does not look like they set them at all. Went to put the drip rail on and the repop stuff was also junk, got real ones and they fit much better. Still waiting on the headliner guy to come install it, can't move to much more ahead with him.

Sorry for your loss..

Great progress even though.

How did you adjust the float on the sending unit?

Was testing mine back this week end, when moving the float right up to simulate full tank, the needle on the gas gauge went above the F mark, when simulating the float as half tank it was blurry, not so precise, and going like empty with the float seems to be a bit precise with the gauge but not so much.

My Bad, I meant I adjusted the floats in the carb, not the sending unit.

Your '69 really looks great so far. I have a friend with a '69 Super Bee that's painted Q5, and I've loved that color since the first time I saw his car. Good luck working through these minor issues on your Charger.

Auto Transport Service
Back