• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

1969 Coronet R/T Convertible 'Audrey'

What kind of tires should I get for Audrey?

• BF Goodrich Silvertown White Stripe Radial

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Why did you put an 054 Radiator in the car?? Is it a super track pack?

It is an A33 track pak car per the fender tag. I didn't put the 054 in per say as it was in the car when I bought it. I just recently had it re-cored by the guys over at Glenn-Ray.

Why did you put an 054 Radiator in the car?? Is it a super track pack?
Not sure what's up. RJS i don't have a radiator yet maybe this post for someone else

Much appreciated bearman! Likewise...you need a hand let me know. I look forward to seeing the progress on your car as well. :)
You goong to vegas in april

I'm hoping my daughter has her baby. Suppose that weekend hope it comes early. If she does I'm going

New shocks and leaf springs have been installed. Just waiting on the chrome exhaust tips to come in and we should be pretty much buttoned up underneath the car. :)

IMG_7107.JPG
IMG_7109.JPG
IMG_7108.JPG
IMG_7098.JPG

We also decided to take off the Edelbrock 2191 performer intake for the stock intake as it appeared we were going to have some clearance issues on the original N96 ramcharger.

IMG_7100.JPG

I went a couple years back before ot became muscle cars at the strip. To see that many mopars in one spot really keep your head spinning. The colors of paint the sound of the horsepower was just awesome.

New shocks and leaf springs have been installed. Just waiting on the chrome exhaust tips to come in and we should be pretty much buttoned up underneath the car. That is a work of art you will enjoy it. Really like the detail

View attachment 585380 View attachment 585381 View attachment 585382 View attachment 585384

We also decided to take off the Edelbrock 2191 performer intake for the stock intake as it appeared we were going to have some clearance issues on the original N96 ramcharger.

View attachment 585383

Just read your thread as I'm stuck in the house with a Nor'easter overhead and 12+ inches of snow predicted. :(

First off, welcome to FBBO from a fellow droptop guy. It's nice to see the interest a younger guy has for an old Mopar. You're doing a great job upgrading/restoring the car mechanically. I cringed when I read the first post about the shipper f-ing up your baby unloading it. Glad they made good on the damages.

I'm a little curious about the color combo. Is it B5? originally? Was it a white interior, black top car per the fender tag? I've had 3 70 Satellite convertibles. All had the top and interior match (2 white/white, 1 black/black). Personally, I like the white/white with the B5 blue best, very sharp look. Ok, I'm biased as that's my current ride. :)
Another reason I ask is that the white top is much cooler in the sun, if that becomes an issue and you're planning on replacing the top in the future.

Good luck with your ride, she's a beauty !!!! - Abe

PS- Here's my baby. Top pic is with new 15" tires on Rally rims, bottom pic is with the original 14's on steelies.

IMG_4595.JPG
IMG_4500.JPG

Did you check the date code on the 054 before rebuilding it to see if it's from your car originally?? 440 4speed 3.54 car should have an 055 Radiator. Also did you convert the car to power disk brakes??
Unless you have a Broadcast sheet proving me wrong.
Ron

Last edited:
Did you check the date code on the 054 before rebuilding it to see if it's from your car originally?? 440 4speed 3.54 car should have an 055 Radiator. Also did you convert the car to power disk brakes??
Unless you have a Broadcast sheet proving me wrong.
Ron

Ron, the radiator was date coded correct for my car and the car is coded for B51. I don't have the build sheet but I have seen some of these cars have 054 radiators installed for various reasons...part shortages, accidentally at the assembly line. I don't have the build sheet for this to see if it was a N51 max cooling option but she's mine...I understand she is rare and according to Galen 1 of 1...but I plan to drive and enjoy it...if I get too far into the details I'll be too afraid to do anything but stare at it... :)

Last edited:
....It's nice to see the interest a younger guy has for an old Mopar. You're doing a great job upgrading/restoring the car mechanically. I cringed when I read the first post about the shipper f-ing up your baby unloading it. Glad they made good on the damages. I'm a little curious about the color combo. Is it B5? originally? Was it a white interior, black top car per the fender tag? I've had 3 70 Satellite convertibles. All had the top and interior match (2 white/white, 1 black/black). Personally, I like the white/white with the B5 blue best, very sharp look. Ok, I'm biased as that's my current ride. :) Another reason I ask is that the white top is much cooler in the sun, if that becomes an issue and you're planning on replacing the top in the future....
View attachment 585534 View attachment 585535

Thank you! Yes she is originally a B5, P6C - Trim - Premium, Vinyl Bucket Seats, White / Blue, B7 - Medium blue metallic int door frames and V8X - Tranverse Stripes, Black on the fender tag. I know the top was replaced in the early 80's but it is my understanding that the top was black originally. I've heard that the color of the top was dependent on the color of the tail stripe but please don't quote me on that. :)

@69Coronetrt is way more of an expert on these drop tops and might be able to provide some insight on that.

Use the car as you see fit, I ask these questions because I'm passionate to this type of car. I owned a rather nice one myself, if your car is a disk brake car and track pack that may explain the 054. As far as mentioning Galen that name doesn't hold any water now a days, he ruined his own reputation doing certain things for certain high paying clients. He's also taken many $$$ from people over the years and not producing. Your car is one of the 99 440 4 speeds made and yes that is rare, making it sound more rare with the one of one nonsense that people like to spew is something that can be said about so many cars. The way your going about having the car repaired for you will make it a nice driver type car,
Ron
IMG_1364 (Large).JPG

Use the car as you see fit, I ask these questions because I'm passionate to this type of car. I owned a rather nice one myself, if your car is a disk brake car and track pack that may explain the 054.

Before responding, I checked my 69 BSs. I don’t have any A33 cars with 054 so I don’t think PDB has anything to do with the radiator.

“Rather nice one”? You are being far too modest but I understand. Yours was “damn nice!” and one of my favorites. I always liked Kevin De’s V2 car also.

However.....from what I’ve seen in the pics, Lance’s car is going to be right up there too. Lookin good Billy Ray!

Re top color. I haven’t done any research on that and haven’t seen any factory docs on top color. I’m guessing there was a default color, as with some other things like boot color, but I don’t know that for a fact. It may have been buyers choice depending on overall scheme.

...“Rather nice one”? You are being far too modest but I understand. Yours was “damn nice!” and one of my favorites. I always liked Kevin De’s V2 car also.
However.....from what I’ve seen in the pics, Lance’s car is going to be right up there too. Lookin good Billy Ray!...

Thanks Doug! I dunno I've always been a fan of THEEE white R/T! I must admit I'm curious to see more of RJS now that he teased me with that front end shot..and dislike all the past tense I'm hearing when we are referring to it. :-/

I really did luck out when buying my car...but I like to think it's the universe paying me back for some of the better things I've done in my life... ;) My car is going to need a few cosmetic things as things progress but overall she is a very very solid car and when I weighed my options. Option 1: Sink a bunch of money into the body then wait for my savings account to catch up and then in a few more years work on getting it road worthy...or Option 2: Accept that my girl like me isn't perfect and has a few blemishes...enlist the help of my buddy Andy & Troxell's to get it on the road again...enjoy it...then slowly work on a few body things here and there while enjoying it...seemed like the only option to go with.

Re top color. I haven’t done any research on that and haven’t seen any factory docs on top color. I’m guessing there was a default color, as with some other things like boot color, but I don’t know that for a fact. It may have been buyers choice depending on overall scheme.

This is from the Mymopar option code chart:

V3* 69-71 Convertible Top
* Missing digit represents color choices
W - White
X - Black
9 - Special Order

Seems like you could be correct in it being buyer's choice. Probably just for a special order though. I haven't seen many mismatched convertible tops to interiors in black and white.

Today we experienced a little bit of a setback with the new re-popped master cylinder...she leaked! So back to CI she goes and I opted for a re-manufactured one.

Parts we are still waiting on:
1. Waiting for my instrument cluster to come back from Instrument Specialties.
2. Correct exhaust tips should be showing up tomorrow to replace the incorrect charger ones that were on my car.
3. I ordered a period correct battery that is currently still on back order.
4. Still waiting on the windshield washer reservoir that was ordered to replace my cracked one.

IMG_7128.JPG

Auto Transport Service
Back