• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

1969 Dodge Charger amateur resto/refurbishment

Moparmagic1992

Local time
6:54 PM
Reaction score
I need to a place to dump all my project pictures so far. probably wont be in a very good order but i havent gotten very far yet on the car. the plan right now is to get it road ready and work on everything else in greater detail as i go. i refuse to have another project car that will sit in a million peices for me to lose interest in like the 71 challenger you see that traded for this car. Enjoy!
charger.jpgchar.jpgchar 2.jpgchar 3.jpgchar 4.jpgchar 5.jpg383.jpg

im going to keep it mostly stock. its factory white with a blue interior, 383 2bbl A/C with HD suspension w/ front sway bar but standard brakes and a 2.76 rear gear.

i put a 4bbl intake on it for a little bit more fun along with the HP manifolds.

i have a few videos on my youtube channel of the car so far: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1nNpBwXBpZ4

Firewall bulkhead connector cleaning and inspection.

Do yourself a favor.
Take an hour to disconnect the bulkhead connector at the firewall and clean all of the connectors with some electrical parts cleaner and a wire brush. Then use some dielectric grease going back together.
This one small project will be one of the most important things you will do early on in the project to gain a ton of reliability.
Be sure to look for any signs of deformity in the connectors from heat.
Especially the main 12 volt feed to the dash.
This is always one of the first things I do whenever I bring home a new to me B-body.

Auto Transport Service
Back