• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

1969 Dodge Dart Swinger... she's Home !

As noted earlier.. ya gotta go down a letter to see the full story! (FABO) LOL

Just a fairy dusting so as to not lose the OE wrinkle finish on a mint unsilenced cleaner lid. I lucked out and found one for only $150 in Florida and $85 for postage FFS... so I bought his water logged '69 Rocker covers to make it worth the trip and make the car correct! More blasting and Turquoise painting to do now..
1969dartcleanupweek12 027.JPG

As noted earlier.. ya gotta go down a letter to see the full story! (FABO) LOL

Just a fairy dusting so as to not lose the OE wrinkle finish on a mint unsilenced cleaner lid. I lucked out and found one for only $150 in Florida and $85 for postage FFS... so I bought his water logged '69 Rocker covers to make it worth the trip and make the car correct! More blasting and Turquoise painting to do now..
View attachment 1078041
Nice!
I got lucky and found mine on eBay a few years ago for $100 and similarly, it cleaned up really well
so that I just gingerly fogged it with a little satin and it turned out Fred-worthy.
Got just as lucky with the '67-only original chrome valve covers for the 440, although the GM style
PCV I got installed on it bugs the crap outta me.
("Lucky" for me usually consists of days/weeks of watching and digging until I stumble across something...
due dilligence!).
Glad to see you back at it, sir!:thumbsup:

This spruce up is beginning to look like a full blown restoration, LOL! Great work Wayne!

Deja Vu ........ Nicest pair of covers I've ever had my hands on came out of these rusty things, not a single dent! Never judge a book by it's cover. Correct '69 covers to go with the freshened OE cleaner I bought from the same guy that still retains it's factory texture.
1969dartcleanupweek13 078.JPG
1969dartcleanupweek13 080.JPG

1969dartcleanupweek13 004.JPG

Last edited:
Wayne are those bead blasted or is that primer on there?? What primer are you using these days?? And of course. Looking GREAT!

Wow, nice tabs on those valve covers! :thumbsup:

What’s the wheel adapters for, were they on the Dart when you got it?

What’s the wheel adapters for, were they on the Dart when you got it?
No I bought them to possibly use on the back, so I can throw my 4.5 x 5 Road Wheels on. My front hubs I can move the studs from 4.0 to 4.5 on the Wilwoods. I got them cleaned up and found this...
1969dartcleanupweek13 050.JPG
1969dartcleanupweek13 051.JPG

Wayne are those bead blasted or is that primer on there?? What primer are you using these days?? And of course. Looking GREAT!
That's just media blasted fresh out of the cabinet. Like I said, not a single dent. Not using any primer with the engine enamel, seems to work just fine...years to come will tell the tale..

No I bought them to possibly use on the back, so I can throw my 4.5 x 5 Road Wheels on. My front hubs I can move the studs from 4.0 to 4.5 on the Wilwoods. I got them cleaned up and found this...
View attachment 1079065 View attachment 1079066
Just curious, I’ve got four of those that my brother had on a 72 Demon. Been sitting on a shelf for 40 years. Don’t see those everyday. I don’t think he had them on very long, I think his front tires rubbed.

Auto Transport Service
Back