• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

1969 Dodge Dart Swinger... she's Home !

Man that’s cool! Nice nice, my father in-law recently sold of his little piper.. they are kinda fun didn’t mind flying in it on bit.. I really think he may miss it ... I haven’t asked.

Man that’s cool! Nice nice, my father in-law recently sold of his little piper.. they are kinda fun didn’t mind flying in it on bit.. I really think he may miss it ... I haven’t asked.
I hate fabric airplanes.. sold my Piper J3-65C to a guy in Ireland a few years ago...

Packing her up..
j3c65offtoireland 119.JPG

j3c65offtoireland 123.JPG

Back together on a pond in Ireland..

IMG_1067.jpg

IMG_1071.jpg

Lycomings,, that the engine that pulls intake air thru the crankcase? A friend of mine builds airplanes and I've helped him alot lately, use mostly UL engines,interesting stuff

They may look like they draw air through the crank case, with a bottom/sump mounted carb, but they certainly do not. The intake runners are in the oil sump and go from there to the cylinders...
DCP00280.JPG
DCP00281.JPG

Even if you only get a couple hours in a day.. forward progress is forward progress. Good thing that "work" is only a 20 foot commute from the house and considered an essential service! :):) Back under a "stay home" lock down effective at midnight.
1969dartswingerweek6 108.JPG
1969dartswingerweek6 120.JPG

I deleted my response to your political comments.

Please accept my humble apology.

Last edited:
I have worked on big blocks most of my time around mopars,, I see now what some of yall were discussing in another thread about the difference in the ears for the motor mounts for small blocks

I deleted my response to your political comments.

Please accept my humble apology.

Thanks, but I didn't make a political comment. It's a fact of life right now. You made the political comment that doesn't belong here. Thanks for removing it...

Back on topic, don't you think this is a really bitchin ride!
1969dartswinger 031.JPG.jpg

Got my new rocker covers on !
View attachment 1054574
I see your 340 has a pretty aggressive single plane manifold. I was always under the impression that street driven small blocks benefit from dual plane manifolds to help them with low end torque and drivability. (Conversely, the single plane will help with high RPM power.) Having said that, I may be misinformed. Any comments relating to the intake and your planned usage? Will you keep this or change it out?

Thanks,

Hawk

I see your 340 has a pretty aggressive single plane manifold. I was always under the impression that street driven small blocks benefit from dual plane manifolds to help them with low end torque and drivability. (Conversely, the single plane will help with high RPM power.) Having said that, I may be misinformed. Any comments relating to the intake and your planned usage? Will you keep this or change it out?

Thanks,

Hawk
Never even got the opportunity to run it down the highway as it was snowing when I picked it up.... so how it runs is yet to be determined. How streetable... that'll be up to how heavy the Wife wants to run her right foot! 484 lift cam, 2800 stall converter and 3.55 gears. What do you mean the intake is aggressive.. LOL
1969dartswingerweek6 135.JPG

Auto Transport Service
Back