• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

1969 Dodge Dart Swinger... she's Home !

1969dartswingerweek7 046.JPG

That is super cool. I am completely intrigued by your airplane builds and am interested to learn more. I don't know a whole lot about planes, but would totally enjoy a thread about how you put them together, where you source parts from, your background in aviation, etc.

Awesome work on the Dart, too, btw. :thumbsup:

funknut, my favourite part of building is fixing stuff like this vs building new. Much more of a challenge and keeps me thinking and visualizing what needs to be done before I start cutting. The name on the first one ( has a long story to go with it), that I paddled up the lake one night and applied, ended up being very appropriate as this was the third time I rebuilt it for the old guy !
DCP04009.JPG
DCP04156.JPG
DCP04159.JPG
DCP04284.JPG
DCP04340.JPG
DCP04647.JPG
PeterWrightRebelrebuildfall2009 004.jpg
PeterWrightRebelrebuildfall2009 008.jpg
PeterWrightRebelrebuildfall2009 068.jpg
PeterWrightRebelrebuildwinter2010 860.jpg

I've lost count of how many I've built and rebuilt, here's a line up I had in the yard on one particular day.

..and a few others, but we digress.... lol
DCP00662.JPG
DCP00666.JPG
DCP03097.JPG
DCP08632.JPG
rebelsrebelsrebels 002.jpg
rebelsrebelsrebels 024.jpg

That is super awesome, thanks for sharing! It's blowing my mind a little bit that you cut and form all the panels, but thinking about it now it makes sense. What a neat set of skills, I'm very impressed!

The actual base airplane does come in kit form. That said, it's not a simple as putting rivets in holes. Also why I love the rebuilds as it makes me do my own thinking and improving the model. I make numerous modifications and parts that I sell all over the world. Kit factory even issues service bulletins based on my advise and knowledge from things found in damaged aircraft. I've been at this for 28 years... and why my cars now grace the shop. My hands are done...
DCP05807.JPG
DCP05792.JPG

Last edited:
I wanna come fishing!!
Okay, come fishing with me..... here's the Rainbow trout lake shown in the first picture...

..and here's the tight little lake in the other pictures that's stocked with Speckled Trout. I could get you in there with me, but you'd be walking out!

Okay, come fishing with me..... here's the Rainbow trout lake shown in the first picture...

..and here's the tight little lake in the other pictures that's stocked with Speckled Trout. I could get you in there with me, but you'd be walking out!

That's definitely God's country!!!

Nothing like the middle of no where... 30 miles from the nearest road and spending time with your Daughter, nephew or close friend!... or better yet the Wife..
summer2016 611.JPG

summer2017 1605.JPG

Summer2012 181 (650x488).jpg

summer2017 1792.JPG

Last edited:
Auto Transport Service
Back