• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

1969 Dodge Super Bee Coupe Restoration

an outside observer might conclude you are bored and do these things on purpose

If you zoom you can see the bastage that did this. Like I said it didn't even break. Should have picked another car to go under the Bee as it's only the 64 that needs the lift up to the next lock. All the others will go under 6" lower.
20231118_153050.jpg

I used one of those glue dent pullers last summer and was pleasantly surprised at how effective it was.
That's the plan but I'll bring in the local Pro over the Winter. Small dent in drivers fender, dent in hood and fender on the 64 that were there when I got it and hopefully that's it...

There is a fella in Moncton New Brunswick that makes the trip to the Island every so often that does the local new car dealerships and a few body shops that is cherry with those pry bars / suction tools. Not cheap, but well worth the money.

Dang, Was it a LEAD, I mean LED, bulb? They are a bit heavier. Sometimes the most innocent action can result in dings. Hopefully it can easily be made right.

Dang, Was it a LEAD, I mean LED, bulb? They are a bit heavier. Sometimes the most innocent action can result in dings. Hopefully it can easily be made right.
Just a regular old 60 watt bulb. Glad it didn't break, probably would have made things worse...

Some days you lose, some days you win! Just when you think there is nothing out there anymore! I'll have my restored grill and headlight bezels up for sale when the weather allows me to get the car down and swap in this NOS grill assembly that I'm picking up on Friday!! Possibly some scoop bezels as well if I can beat him down on price for them! The grill assembly is already a done deal....
beegrillnos.jpg
beescoopbezels.jpg

That's the best part.. 90 miles away and I have to drop my Wife 75 of those, at the International airport Friday morning, anyhow! AND, it's BEE correct, just not a Coronet assembly !
Awesome - but how did you find out about it?

Amazing how little paint Chrysler used, but I now have a 100% correct NOS grill and headlight assembly that shows that I probably did too good of a job spending 68 hours on mine! LOL. Cost me twice what the Wife spent to go to the Bahamas this morning.... 2/3rds of what the car cost new...
20240119_135052.jpg
20240119_135923.jpg
20240119_154501.jpg
20240119_154514.jpg
20240119_154519.jpg
20240119_154526.jpg
20240119_154540 (1).jpg
20240119_154918.jpg
20240119_155003.jpg

I left the NOS hood scope bezels behind, couldn't justify $675 for those...

If anyone is looking for a mint pair of '69 Bee/Coronet full factory NOS quarter panels, PM me.. if you have 7 grand.

Last edited:
Auto Transport Service
Back