• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

1969 Super Bee Carb:

@SgtSuperbird beat ya to it (Post #4) :).

Doing some amateur sleuthing here....
That car is shown on the Super Bee Registry website, indicating the following:
WM23H9G214355
204 D32 330342 Y3 H2T T7 V1X V8X
A04, A62, B51, G15, G33, J25, L31, M21, R11

Comparing to the presented tag (agree, that appears to be a repro):
View attachment 1069187
Yep, somebody at some point registered the car on the Registry as represented on the tag for sure...
http://www.superbeeregistry.com/
What kind of information if any does that tell you?

The yellow appears to be a 1970 colour. Personally, I am a fan of 1969 Sunfire Yellow. This was the colour of the new Superbee that bought in 1969. It looks like a solid, complete car.
I think your right,it looks like Y1 banana to me?

So the ralley instrument package does not require tach?

It depends on the application...

The tach was optional with the, standard, Rallye dash in the Super Bee and Charger.

When the, optional, Rallye dash was ordered for the Coronet R/T the tach was included.

I'd consider the tic toc tac addition, just a cosmetic thing. (It's much better looking - and functional - than the "blank" I have in my Superbird.) Like the carb, a minor issue.

If you're worried about originality, I'd focus on whether the engine and trans are original. Structurally, whether the "frame", trunk floor, quarter panels and driver's floor are in decent shape.

If you love this car, or think you might love this car, have somebody inspect it. There are many people on this site that might help you (dependent upon location) or you can get a reputable service to do it for you. It's well worth the money.

IMO, a color changed 383, column shift auto, superbee with a phony tag isn’t worth anywhere near 38,000.

that asking price would be enough to make me turn the page.

IMO, a color changed 383, column shift auto, superbee with a phony tag isn’t worth anywhere near 38,000.

that asking price would be enough to make me turn the page.
That is what I wanted to hear!How do you guys know that is a phony tag?Dang mopars are either rusty or all kinds of things been modified?I about bought a nice which I thought 68 GTX until I had it inspected and rust under where trunk hinges was bad.Dang rear window had been leaking and was about to probably fall in!Outside of car looked beautiful?

Last edited:
No,I have not looked at car in person.
For some reason you guys are telling me a lot of things are not adding up correctly?
I'm not saying things are cool or not cool.
What I AM saying is, doing some rudimentary online searching, I cannot find any current listings
for that car anywhere, but I am finding old listings - going back some years in some cases - on
some of the more well-known questionable websites out there.

It's ALWAYS good practice, on any such potential purchase, to do your due diligence. Homework,
research, whatever you want to call it - gather up enough tangible, credible evidence the car first
actually exists and is being offered legitimately by a real person.

If it is, then insist on either a) yourself or b) a trustworthy representative for you to inspect the
car in person. Lay hands on it, check out the various stampings, markings, any documentation
offered.
I mean, we're talking a ton of loot here, right? Call the "owner" on the phone. Dig up whatever
history is online for the car. Dig up whatever info is online of the owner.
There's WAY too many scams, fake deals and false websites out there to do otherwise.

I'm not saying things are cool or not cool.
What I AM saying is, doing some rudimentary online searching, I cannot find any current listings
for that car anywhere, but I am finding old listings - going back some years in some cases - on
some of the more well-known questionable websites out there.

It's ALWAYS good practice, on any such potential purchase, to do your due diligence. Homework,
research, whatever you want to call it - gather up enough tangible, credible evidence the car first
actually exists and is being offered legitimately by a real person.

If it is, then insist on either a) yourself or b) a trustworthy representative for you to inspect the
car in person. Lay hands on it, check out the various stampings, markings, any documentation
offered.
I mean, we're talking a ton of loot here, right? Call the "owner" on the phone. Dig up whatever
history is online for the car. Dig up whatever info is online of the owner.
There's WAY too many scams, fake deals and false websites out there to do otherwise.
I agree with you 100%.It is scarry out there looking for these cars.I mean the asking price is 38K which I think is way to much for this car,just my opinion.

How do you guys know that is a phony tag?

Each plant has certain nuances to the tags that help identify whether a tag is legit or not. This tag is lacking certain characteristics typical of a tag for a 69 St. Louis (9G in the VIN) car.

I agree with you 100%.It is scarry out there looking for these cars.I mean the asking price is 38K which I think is way to much for this car,just my opinion.
There ya go. Good.
Yes, for that kind of loot for that kind of car, it'd best be a dang showpiece.
If it were me, I'd be finding a way right now to make a phone call to the "seller"
before I expended any more time or energy on it.

Who cares if it has a repop tag. He states in the start of the tread it has a build sheet with it. Way more important then the tag. $38 k seem high to me.
Do you have a pic of the sheet??

Who cares if it has a repop tag. He states in the start of the tread it has a build sheet with it. Way more important then the tag. $38 k seem high to me.
Do you have a pic of the sheet??
Yes I do.

IMG_2037.jpg

Auto Transport Service
Back