• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

1970 Charger Door Panel Emblem

two4ruff

Local time
10:15 AM
Reaction score
Hello,

What is the best way to get these emblems off my old door panels so I can reuse them on my new panels?

Thanks!

Door Emblem.png

Take the panel off and they are probably tin nutted from the rear.

Appreciate the reply. Does the large washer looking piece on the inside then just unscrew?
It should. Look at it and see. Most just have pressed tin self threading nuts with a built in washer to attach. Be careful. The pins on the emblems are just cast pot metal and can break easily.
emblem with nuts.jpg

It should. Look at it and see. Most just have pressed tin self threading nuts with a built in washer to attach. Be careful. The pins on the emblems are just cast pot metal and can break easily. View attachment 1502596
These are more of a large flat retainer that looks about the size of a 50 cent piece. I found an old post of someone selling some and this is the photo. Trying to be careful so i don't break my originals.

Door Emblem 2.png

These are more of a large flat retainer that looks about the size of a 50 cent piece. I found an old post of someone selling some and this is the photo. Trying to be careful so i don't break my originals.

View attachment 1502607
good luck and let us know the outcome , I need to do the same.

View attachment 1502607
Interesting, I have never seen those. THey should be fairly easy to spin off I would think. If not, with a notch on the edge, you could break them loose and spin them off.

I think they are riveted. Or the head is mashed over.

I heard someone reproduces them on here.
Emblems

Also the Tail panel badge is the same.

I am pretty sure the pins on the back are riveted also
A one time thing no nuts

If you are careful you might be able to cut enough of the head off to get them apart and still have something to put them back on with

One time use staked over the large washer. I took a dremel and ground off the staked over button. I then used an epoxy to re-attach.

Auto Transport Service
Back