• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

1970 Coronet R/T Project (Dasfusca's Car)

It's good to get those pieces in. Makes you feel like your really getting some progress done. I'm going to use the same trick on my trunk floor when I get to putting it in.

Lots of rust repairs, doing a great job... I'll say it again, you guys back east & up north sure tackle allot of rust repairs, compaired to the west or south west cars... Anyway keep up the great work....

- - - Updated - - -

That Auto Tilter is cool... who's brand is it ?? I know you said on E-Bay

CD4566E1-C0CE-4CFF-8DE6-74631551C7E7-366-00000063A788D24D_zpsb5bfdf9e.jpg

Had to remove the paint from where the new welds would be

419E3245-3C2B-4D46-ADB9-266C3F282CD4-366-000000631BC0CAC7_zpsd949dfa6.jpg

Moving forward. should be done the trunk pans Monday night

0A43E47B-0394-4AA4-80AD-8DACCD8AA84D-366-00000064F38F87DF_zps929278fe.jpg

saw my first black widow this summer!

- - - Updated - - -

liqui vehicle tilter is the tilter I use. I bought mine on ebay. Eastwood sold them for a while too.

always good to see new metal going in!

Nice to see another 70 Coronet in S NJ

Nice to see another 70 Coronet in S NJ .Ive had about 6 70 Coronets from RT to Wagons and 4 doors I have some extra parts and know where more can be found if needed.Im near Millville Theres about 4 7
0 Coronets around here.I still have a N code 383 4barrel Coronet 500.Continued progress on your RT.Theres also a all 70 Cornet page on facebook

Awesome project and cool story behind it! Always cool to see the new sheet metal in, was a "hallelujah moment" for my Charger lol. Love '70 nets and yours is really coming together nicely, keep up the good work man! :icon_thumleft:

Ya gotta love when new metal goes in. That's the moment you really feel like you're making progress. Nice work!

Nice job with the metal replacement - won't be long before she is a solid car again.

Thanks. I am trying to work a little faster. I get on this car whenever I can. I want to be done the metal work ASAP. Your posts here keep me moving forward on this car. When I haven't been able to work on her for a while, I feel that I let my b-body buds down and I actually feel guilty. You guys never make me feel like I am re-inventing the wheel. Thanks for the motivation.

Thanks. I am trying to work a little faster. I get on this car whenever I can. I want to be done the metal work ASAP. Your posts here keep me moving forward on this car. When I haven't been able to work on her for a while, I feel that I let my b-body buds down and I actually feel guilty. You guys never make me feel like I am re-inventing the wheel. Thanks for the motivation.

Just one of the many reasons why I love this site, a lot of good people here and the inspiration/ motivation is great at keeping you moving forward. Keep up the great work dasfusca :eek:ccasion14:

Some good looking work happening here. Starting make me want to get another project car going. :hello2:

LOL...don't feel too bad or guilty, I've been working a little at a time on my 68 RR since Dec. 2005...... I had a 68 RR racecar & a truck projects & a couple house sales &/or moves for me & Pops, going at the same time too... I sold the one RR after it was done to a buddy, he had to have it & gave me what I wanted... I thought I would concentrate on the other 68 RR...he he ha ha, yeah right... But procrastination is the word lately, along with spending my car funds on the damn house instead, now retaining walls & landscape, $10k for a new HVAC system & 12"s of insulation last year, then the roof a couple years ago, $10k in car ports, to keep snow off other stuff prior to that, now I need to do something with the damn redwood decks & paint the damn house again too, it never stops... Keep on keepen' on, your work looks great, just continue to plug away, IMHFO any progress is good...

I was able to get out to the shop for a little while.
Plug weld,plug weld, and more plug welds. After only a few welds, I decided to increase the size of the plug holes i drilled so I could get better penetration into the rails. The brown marks around the welds is the rust bullet reacting to the heat. I cleaned the paint from around the holes before I welded. I will sand and repaint after I grind down the plug welds to be a bit flatter.
BD56CFD8-DC31-4C5B-B58D-86A8E14BC429-2820-000002144B0DEAB5_zps000e7199.jpg

D5154418-1E24-4C88-AB3B-8898C9F9A808-2820-0000021423924FBF_zpsdb3c5ce6.jpg

Here is a shot of more metal that is going into the car.
8ACF306B-A61F-40B0-9D90-5ABF700F88EF-186-0000002C67CC2AAC_zps7c2716aa.jpg

C225232D-9393-43F9-A537-43B83F2F7356-186-0000002C8CFFD8FF_zps219016bf.jpg

I am using a mix of AMD and some older sheet metal. The older stuff is supposed to be made in the USA.

That's very cool. Cool car and great job. Here's my addition to your story. In High School I ran with the wild boys. We were at the state lake and I had just bought a bag of MJ. Mike and Dan were the wildest. Mike had a green 70 Coronet. He took to the dirt roads going sideways at 50 mph. I thought we were all going to die. The cops were waiting for us on the other side of the lake. Mike had put the car in the ditch more than once and the cops noticed the fresh mud on the side of the car. Dan was holding the MJ in his pocket but was saying "If I get caught with this I telling that it's yours!" Kind of a dick move but it was true. The cops let us go. No warning No nothing.

My Dad was city manager of our town and I could get away with anything. The cops knew it would hurt my dad if I showed up in the newspaper every week. The driver Mike when on to have a horrible wreck later in the year. Mike was a "Baby Faced" guy. When I saw him last he had horrible scars all over his face. He looked like Frankenstien's Monster. I'm sure Mike and Dan are both dead by now.

It's just when I see a car like yours in that color it reminds me of that day. I'm glad your SIS was okay. I'm thinking in a Prius or Smart Car she wouldn't be with us now.

Auto Transport Service
Back