• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

1970 Dodge Coronet 440 w 318 exhaust upgrade

Uncle Paully

Local time
3:33 PM
Reaction score
i am working on a bone stock Coronet with 318 and auto trans. I am looking for an exhaust kit that fits with no modification. I would like headers and a true dual exhaust that sounds good. If anybody out there is using a kit that works part numbers and source would be awesome. Thanks in advance.
dodgecoronet.jpg

Look at TTI

I put a complete TTI Exhaust on my 69 b body (Mine has a 440) , headers to tips and fitment is the best I have ever dealt with, I had to do NO adjusting or clearing at all and my headers are wrapped. Just head to the TTI website. Very easy to find your application. Hardest part is pushing send when you have your credit card entered..

https://www.ttiexhaust.com/

resto36.jpg resto37.jpg resto38.jpg

Small block headers are usually a can of worms type project.

Tell us more about that car. It looks pretty clean and solid.

As others have stated, I suggest TTI. Be prepared for sticker shock, but in my opinion they are worth it. It seems most small block headers route 3 of the tubes UNDER the steering linkage. This sets them down really low and they are a pain in the arse when driving around as they hit often (my 73 has these type of headers and I hate them - just don't have the budget right now to replace them). The TTIs do NOT route under the steering linkage. There are probably others that route the tubes better but I don't know the brand names off-hand.

Look at the picture below I snipped from an on-line company. Note the three tubes on the driver's side header. These go below the steering linkage. For a street driven car, I do not like these type of headers and would suggest you stay away from any that route this way.

Good luck!
upload_2021-10-15_8-51-57.png

Last edited:
Doug's makes headers that fit and don't route below the linkage.

Schumacher also made them but they are no longer in production.

Hooker super comp (not just plain "comp") also route the pipes above.

AFAIK, they are all about $800 or more for ceramic coated versions.

thanks for all the advise! I have to get some more pictures posted. I have a million ideas but still trying to decide what exactly what all i am going to do to the car. It is a really solid unmolested 37k original mile car. I'm not looking to race, just want it to look good, sound good, and maybe spin a tire once in a while.

Auto Transport Service
Back