• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

1970 FM3 Satellite Conv - The car that should have been crushed

What a really stunning ride! And to know it was almost gone.. priceless!

Really nice work! I`ll be referring to this thread for detail pics as I just started my `70 road runner resto. I see you are in VT, are you keeping and driving this car next year or do you plan on selling it - I`d love to see it in person?

Really nice work! I`ll be referring to this thread for detail pics as I just started my `70 road runner resto. I see you are in VT, are you keeping and driving this car next year or do you plan on selling it - I`d love to see it in person?
Thanks. I am keeping the car. I am hoping it will be finished by summer 2023.

I also have a matching FM3 Challenger I redid about 5 years ago. I suppose I need an FM3 Charger to complete the set......

L
Thanks. I am keeping the car. I am hoping it will be finished by summer 2023.

I also have a matching FM3 Challenger I redid about 5 years ago. I suppose I need an FM3 Charger to complete the set......
Looks like you are way up northern VT, I`m in seacoast NH. My road runner is FC7 In-Violet and my Barracuda is EV2 Tor-red - love al the High Impact colors. I think having my road runner done by next summer is pushing it but my Barracuda is a driver. If you are on Facebook please join my club, we have get togethers and cruises - Northeast Mighty Mopar Club | Facebook

I typically hit Hampton Beach a couple times a year. Would your cruises go down Ocean Blvd?
We actually do a cruise every year in June that usually starts at Hampton North beach, the past few years the cruise ends at an all Mopar party at a friends house in Ringe.

271.JPG

UPDATE 12/17/2022: Today was the day that I finally put the car back on its wheels. I know some people might not like the tires and wheel covers, but this is the car came from the factory. No turning back now, I paid a lot for those NOS hubcaps and I think it looks pretty nice. This car was originally a dealer demo car from Wilison Chrysler in Toronto, so I like to think that it looked like this in the showroom, at least it will when it's done.

So I have been having trouble with installing the convertible top. I am on my second top. The first one was from Electron Top and it was over 1-1/4 too wide at the rear bow. The one that is on it now is from Kee Top. It fits pretty good, buy I have to deal with these wrinkles on the sides. Chrysler put what they call "stay straps" that run from the rear bow to the well area. the replacement tops don't come with them. Since my original ones were ruined I thought I could get away without installing them. I think I was wrong. I've got some material on order and hope to get this fixed in the next couple weeks.

TOP WRINKLES.jpg

ENGINE_BAY.jpg

WHEELS_ON.jpg

UPDATE 12/17/2022: Today was the day that I finally put the car back on its wheels. I know some people might not like the tires and wheel covers, but this is the car came from the factory. No turning back now, I paid a lot for those NOS hubcaps and I think it looks pretty nice. This car was originally a dealer demo car from Wilison Chrysler in Toronto, so I like to think that it looked like this in the showroom, at least it will when it's done.

So I have been having trouble with installing the convertible top. I am on my second top. The first one was from Electron Top and it was over 1-1/4 too wide at the rear bow. The one that is on it now is from Kee Top. It fits pretty good, buy I have to deal with these wrinkles on the sides. Chrysler put what they call "stay straps" that run from the rear bow to the well area. the replacement tops don't come with them. Since my original ones were ruined I thought I could get away without installing them. I think I was wrong. I've got some material on order and hope to get this fixed in the next couple weeks.

View attachment 1388972

View attachment 1388973

View attachment 1388974
I love it! I had a couple cars that had those hubcaps. Man are they heavy! Car is beautiful, I saved a 70 RR from the crusher years ago. Got it home and figured out it was panther pink under the blue faded to purple repaint. You've done an amazing job!

Geez, man this car just keeps looking better and better every time I see it! Who cares what people think of the wheel covers, while they are not my personal favorite it's your car so you do what you want

UPDATE 01/17/23: Well I have gotten past my convertible top woes and now the top is on to my liking. The power top is also working. I had the original pump restored and replaced the lines and cylinders..

I have gotten past my window sweep woes as well and have installed the new door panels. Of course I don't have the correct screws for the armrests. So I have to wait for those to come in. For those who are interested, REPOPs window sweeps worked for me after I reworked them. I had to reset the inside fuzzies by peeling off the fuzzies and removed the sealer they used to install them with (not hard at all) and reset them using a much thinner amount of 3M Window Weld. I had to do this A) because the fuzzies were pealing off and B) They put on too much adhesive (too thick) and the windows were binding.

I also was able to install the carpets.

Jan23A.jpg

Jan23B.jpg

Jan23C.jpg

Last edited:
Man that thing has come along way from what it was.. Beautiful job putting it back on the streets..

I love the hubcaps and I think they fit the car perfect, too many cars have Rallyes, Magnums or dog dishes.

Auto Transport Service
Back