• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

1970 GTX Anybody know where the black on the tail stops?

rebel513r

Local time
3:20 PM
Reaction score
We're painting the black on the tail panel but cant tell where the black stops in the top edge. Does anyone have a pic like you are looking up at it on a hoist? Any help would be appreciated. Thanks

It's all I got.

Tail Panel 2.JPG Tail panel.JPG

Picture 1 shows that the black follows the body line. Picture 2 shows over the left taillight, the black goes up and the line gets covered by the "C" Moulding. Picture 3 A different shot of it following the body line. Hopefully this will get you what you need.

Tail Panel 1.JPG Tail Panel 2.JPG Tail Panel 3.JPG

You're welcome.

Unfortunately no. I reused my originals, they weren't in real bad shape. I looked around for a long time for NOS and used but in better shape than what I had and never found any. I didn't look for repro but I'm not aware of anyone reproducing them.

Thats what i was afraid of, I looked and couldn't find any repop or used either, mine may have to suffice. Thanks again

hopefully they'll work for you.

That is a damn fine looking car Roger.
Thanks. I wish it was mine still. :)

See how clear objects are in the reflections of the paint. I have a photo somewhere of my wife and my painter's wife....standing beside the car. It's like one of those Fun-Fair mirrors, except the reflections look real.

:lol:

That is one thing I wanted the body shop to paint on mine but my wallet couldn't take it! Thanks for these pictures 'cause I gotta do it now! Kiwi, I'm very sorry to hear you no longer have your X.

Geetex, this is entirely my opinion, but concerning the area between the trunk key and the trim. Why stop at the body line and not paint black all the way to the stainless trim? Have you seen originals painted as yours is?

Yes, this was done according to a survivor car. It's a bit deceiving because I was laying down under the car and shooting the picture up. If you are standing normally and looking at the back of the car you can't see any body color between the black and the trunk lid.

I have a NOS ****************
Mopar Girl,
You'll have better luck selling this if you start a listing in the "For Sale" section, more people will see it, you have a limited audience in this thread. Plus, if the moderators see it listed here, they may move it or they may just delete it.
I have to admit, I'm tempted to buy it, but I'm trying to get rid of stuff not buy more. Good luck on the sale.

Last edited by a moderator:
Tha
Mopar Girl,
You'll have better luck selling this if you start a listing in the "For Sale" section, more people will see it, you have a limited audience in this thread. Plus, if the moderators see it listed here, they may move it or they may just delete it.
I have to admit, I'm tempted to buy it, but I'm trying to get rid of stuff not buy more. Good luck on the sale.
thank u I just saw you had a GTX

Auto Transport Service
Back