• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

1970 GTX lift rear about 2" without changing leafsprings, any options would be appreciated.

Mike Spano

Local time
2:48 AM
Reaction score
70 GTX how to and what options are there to lift the rear about 2" without replacing the leafsprings

Double Barrel Garage - youtube this guy did a add a leaf on a gtx. he has some good videos too.
Capture.JPG

^^^^^^^^, but new springs would be the best.

That GTX just seems to shout "TRY ME!" At the very least "Beat me!" :lol: I know they don't do anything but always loved the looks of the traction bars on any Mopar. Maybe a little tighter up to the springs??

That GTX just seems to shout "TRY ME!" At the very least "Beat me!" :lol: I know they don't do anything but always loved the looks of the traction bars on any Mopar. Maybe a little tighter up to the springs??
Thanks, the 255s are a little too narrow, it needs wider tires to give it more attitude, and more importantly traction!:steering:

70 GTX how to and what options are there to lift the rear about 2" without replacing the leafsprings
I know about air shocks or add a leaf spring from a leaf spring builder. I was hoping for an easy spring over shock option.

I dont have the money. I was hoping for a spring over shock option?
In reality that is a poor choice on a stock mounting system. That upper shock mount was never designed to hold the weight of the car up. Granted people use air shocks and I have seen plenty of busted out mountings.
A decent coil over will cost as much as a leaf spring and you will still be taxing the mounts.
If you are on a broke budget just find some used leafs and add to what you have. You can do that for pennies.

well, I just ordered a pair of coil over shocks today.
so I will let you know this weekend how much it lifts it

Auto Transport Service
Back