• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

1970 Roadrunner Undercarriage Color

tnfastback

Local time
8:30 PM
Reaction score
Ok so I have started the process of cleaning the undercarriage of my 70 RR and it appears to have never been the body color except where over spray got on it from factory. The middle of car such as the transmission tunnel appear to have been grayish primer. So in researching the web it seems everyone has a different answer. I know the bottom completely painted body color looks best, but is that factory correct?? Is there anywhere that sells a restoration guide for information like this?? Thanks for any information on this subject.

The bottom is gray primer. If it is important to you, get a color mixed to look like primer and have a finish coat that looks correct but will have the durability to last longer. Pretty common restoration step for **** Mopar owners. My name is chtampa and I am a Moparholic.

gray primer is correct with over spray, they dipped the body in special chemicals that coats the lower body inner and outer surfaces, then applied the upper body color. This is the way the factory did it. But, I've talked to a few Mopar owners that said the underneath of their cars had body color from the factory. Who knows!!

70_Belevedere0023.jpg

gray primer is correct with over spray, they dipped the body in special chemicals that coats the lower body inner and outer surfaces, then applied the upper body color. This is the way the factory did it. But, I've talked to a few Mopar owners that said the underneath of their cars had body color from the factory. Who knows!!

70_Belevedere0023.jpg

Yup, that special coating made them rustproof !!! Did you ever see any rust on a 70 Roadrunner? Like the floor/trunk pans, trunk extensions, frame rails???? NEVER !!!!
:rofl::rofl::rofl:

sorry, that was a GTX .

Auto Transport Service
Back