• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

1970 rr rm21 coupe into rm23 hardtop

cavemanno1

Local time
12:32 PM
Reaction score
Hi everyone!

Could i make a rm21 coded coupe into a rm23 hardtop?It's the back side windows are different,right?
Rm21 has fixed windows and the rm23 has roll down windows,am i right?

Thanks

That is correct, but I'm not sure if you really want to tackle that project.

You are right, the windows are different but there are a lot of structural differences as well - you can't just change the back windows. The post would need to be cut out and the metal in this region would need to be modified for the hardtop type window.

The post cars are actually structurally much stronger and better for higher power - that's why many (most?) racing guys back in the day used them. Hardtops have a tendency to generate some stress cracks around this region.

drivers door windows are different too. once you do something crazy like that it'll really decrease the value of the car. someone will walk up and look at the vin and think well, this vin doesn't go to this car. must have been a satellite.. sell the post car and buy a hardtop if thats what you want.

Sell yours and buy a hardtop. Easiest way to solve your problem.

Thanks guys!

I was just looking into buying one and wanted to know what's what!Wouldn't change it if i bought it.Soinds like there is more to it then i thought.I just like the clean look of the hardtop when the windows rolled down.

Thanks,

It's best to wait for the right car.

Auto Transport Service
Back