• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

1971 440 V code "4" barrel

In a word, yes. The 440 vin U was the HP option available to 74, it had the heavy rods and the same cam specs as the 6bbl. It is easily identified by the thick balancer for external balance required because of the heavy rods.

Mark
six pack cam was different, only on a six pack, it was ground with less taper & took a different lifter also

Hi need help identifying what i just bought. I picked up a running 440 motor for a really really great price from a guy hellcat swapping his 69 charger. I knew it wasn't the original engine but it was a real 440 engine. once I brought it home I ran the casting numbers and stamps and cant find much about this motor. casting# 2536430 .... stamp vin 1D212746. top stamp G440 V HP . Intake and carb seem original , does that mean It has all the forge steel internals or is it just the 6 pak cars?..

I think the "v" is a stamp used when either the lifters or bearings are slightly different size than normal? I'd have to get the FSM out to check, going odd old memory.

Auto Transport Service
Back