• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

1971 GTX Rocker Moulding ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Did the Moldings originally have black paint, black decals or nothing on the ribs ?
Original mouldings have the knife edge polished and argent paint elsewhere...hopefully that makes sense.

couple photos from a survivor GTX showing original finishes
IMG_2093.JPG

IMG_2094.JPG

Boy, great job. They look gorgeous!! Can't wait to see how the customers love them!! Nice work!! MAde in USA!!

These are 15% off at the moment, and I just pulled the trigger on a set. Once they arrive I will post pictures.

Has anyone received a set of these yet ? I am curious on how they Look and fit ! The price looks decent and they appear to be made in USA. Any Thoughts ?

Has anyone received a set of these yet ? I am curious on how they Look and fit ! The price looks decent and they appear to be made in USA. Any Thoughts ?
I ordered a set and once they arrive I will post pictures.

Craig

Received the moldings today. First impression was the PVC tubing used for packaging - nice and secure. The moldings themselves are pretty nice and should look amazing on the car. My only concern is the overall weight of the moldings and how secure they will be. Other than the weight, which is proba ly not an issue, I think they did a fine job remaking these moldings.

20180823_122537.jpg
20180823_123705.jpg
20180823_125252.jpg
20180823_125306.jpg
20180823_131927.jpg
20180823_131932.jpg
20180823_131936.jpg

Wonder about using plastic expanding wall anchors to add some extra holding power.

crahill39, they look good. Where did you get them from?

Received the moldings today. First impression was the PVC tubing used for packaging - nice and secure. The moldings themselves are pretty nice and should look amazing on the car. My only concern is the overall weight of the moldings and how secure they will be. Other than the weight, which is proba ly not an issue, I think they did a fine job remaking these moldings.

Are they all one color (no polished edges)?

do you a lead to the site ? I in Australia so finding part is hard :thumbsup: they look great

Just an update - I have yet to install these. One big difference is the back of these moldings are flat and do not accommodate any form of retainer clip. I am still trying to figure out how to best mount these without regular road vibration causing the screws to back out of the holes. I may take it to a few body shops to see what they can do. Still love the look of these, just wish they would have provided mounting instructions since they are not 100% accurate to the originals.

I would think there should be someway to fasten these to your car, crahill. Gotta be something in a catalog like "Clips and Fasteners" or Auveco, somewhere. Would it be "factory", probably not. Yet, no one will see them though. Good luck and keep us posted

Forgot about Tom. In fact, I'm waiting on a shipment from him

Status
Not open for further replies.
Auto Transport Service
Back