• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

1972 Dodge Charger Rallye project

So some how the rear seat disappeared and the car needed to get a replacement seat frame. Since the original upholstery was mint, was going to use it but that can't happen now. If I do the rear seats, it won't look like the same material as the front seats, so those have to be changed too. Not to mention if everything on the interior is new, I may as well as do the door panels as nearly 50 year old panels would clash with everything. So now I'm having to buy an entire interior kit which was not budgeted for. Heck, I probably would have at least used the old covers in that 72' Road Runner I just picked up to save money when and if I replaced them. Luckily Legendary Auto Interiors had a special that saved me 25% and 1/2 the shipping so the cost was just around $1100. They take about 45-60 days to make so hopefully they will have it ready before mid march. Will post pics when it arrives.

Thank you. It took awhile to find one I liked and this one ended up being my keeper. Hope your 71’ Charger will have similar pages on here too!

Kildare, found a semi-correct 26in radiator I can use it it til I find the perfect one I want. Being sent to the radiator shop for test, repair and restoration. TTI exhaust system is ordered and hopefully be there in next couple weeks. Getting wheels ready for sandblasting and paint as well as the remaining engine parts that need to be detailed. Legendary interior is delayed due to Christmas back orders, so the car will not be ready for the first two shows on the west next month. Next will be sending bumpers out for chrome and hope we can figure out how to property paint the plastic grills on the frontend.

Update. Scheduling a restart on project in the end of March with a possible goal to be done within 6 months, putting it completed by end of the year. Will have more info as the weeks pass.

update, Car is still stored away. Looking to get the guy motivated again to working on it and fix the mistakes on the car. Hoping for February 2022 date.

Still waiting for the assembler to get better, so it's still delayed for the time being.

Auto Transport Service
Back