• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

1973-1974 Roadrunner & GTX and Satellite Pic Thread

VIN digit is "L", that's a 360 car.

I might go 10K on it.

I could have bought a 72 340 a/c car in B5/B5 with SOLID quaters and NICE interior for 12.5K about 6 months ago.

My 73

60040_566296436719033_1312256874_n.jpg399287_566775783337765_1212305957_n.jpg534697_554157534599590_164991956_n.jpgPicture of me 1.jpg

Yeah, what size are those wheels and tires?

I heard from the dealer, that is all the pics they have but did not answer any questions or send the fender tag. I will try to call later this week and find out more.

Another 73 Road Runner

Thanks for starting this thread CoronetRTguy and thanks for everyone else who has contributed. Here are a few pictures of my 1973 Road Runner.
vbpgimage.php

vbpgimage.php

vbpgimage.php

vbpgimage.php

vbpgimage.php

I bought my car nine years ago on April Fools Day, 2004. Like most of these old cars go, it's still a work-in-process. Here is what I've done so far. http://www.muskie-lures.com/73roadrunner/index1.htm

Last edited:
That is sweet.
And also reminds me,
got to get an overflow for the radiator.
(along with headliner, new fuel tank, etc. etc.)

Hmm, your overflow exits on the "wrong" side, like mine does.

Did it have an overflow can originally? That one looks like it's sitting pretty high.

Sweet car. LOVE the red/white combo.

- - - Updated - - -

...is that a 1974 color?

Hmm, your overflow exits on the "wrong" side, like mine does.

Did it have an overflow can originally? That one looks like it's sitting pretty high.

Sweet car. LOVE the red/white combo.

- - - Updated - - -

...is that a 1974 color?

IIRC 73/74 was a change in washer and overflow positions. from previous locations.

Thanks for starting this thread CoronetRTguy and thanks for everyone else who has contributed. Here are a few pictures of my 1973 Road Runner.
vbpgimage.php

vbpgimage.php

vbpgimage.php

vbpgimage.php

vbpgimage.php

I bought my car nine years ago on April Fools Day, 2004. Like most of these old cars go, it's still a work-in-process. Here is what I've done so far. http://www.muskie-lures.com/73roadrunner/index1.htm

Great looking car thru out! I Love that color, ive seen this a couple times somewhere here, that color always catches my eye!

...is that a 1974 color?
The overflow bottle is of unknown heritage. It was on the car in it's present location when I bought it. I believe there was originally an emissions canister in that location.

latest pictar....:)
Swwwweeet - looks mean - reminds me of a stealth fighter!

ive seen this a couple times somewhere here, that color always catches my eye!
The color is Inferno Red Crystal Pearl. It's a newer model Mopar color, paint code PRH. Where are you Ron?

The overflow bottle is of unknown heritage. It was on the car in it's present location when I bought it. I believe there was originally an emissions canister in that location.

Swwwweeet - looks mean - reminds me of a stealth fighter!

The color is Inferno Red Crystal Pearl. It's a newer model Mopar color, paint code PRH. Where are you Ron?

Im in Pa... I just meant ive seen your car here (bbodies) before, Sorry,, Ron...

Time I put my own car on this thread. It's been on other threads but i guess this is the correct one.
Bought the car last winter off a well known guy over here. Has some problems which he agreed to put right and should be back with me shortly.
It's an August 1972 build 340 Roadrunner. Totally original South Carolina car with 2 US owners. Car arrived with a 360 in it which has been junked and replaced with a year correct 340 motor built to 10.1 compression. Just about everything below the floor and in front of the firewall is new -complete drivetrain inc convertor, trans, drive shaft, 3.23 rear, brakes/brake lines, fuel tank, all ball joints, new steering throughout and of course the 340 motor with correct hi-po manifolds etc...
So, once the gremlins are sorted she should run well. i have no plans to paint her yet as these cars are only original once. I will attend to the sun burnt out interior as its just too nasty to spend time in.
well, that's all from the UK at the moment:hello2:

Attachments

• IMG_0464.jpg
    IMG_0464.jpg
    96.4 KB · Views: 840
  • IMG_0448.jpg
    IMG_0448.jpg
    62.1 KB · Views: 835
  • IMG_0446.jpg
    IMG_0446.jpg
    63.3 KB · Views: 810
  • IMG_0466.jpg
    IMG_0466.jpg
    77.9 KB · Views: 854
Here is my 74 360, 4 speed with console, Black/Black Stripe delete, Dana 91/4" SureGrip 3:54 gears, unrestored beast.
Various pictures 066.jpg

Auto Transport Service
Back