• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

1973 Roadrunner-Colemans Project

Yeah it says its a 100# capacity but the leg is rated at 50#

Hiw much did you pay for your roadrunner? Or maybe someine can tell me if a 73 gtx barn find for 9k is a good deal.

Hi 68chargedup--my son bought his car for 800.00 as a running 318 3 speed car and you can see the condition of the car in this thread--as for the GTX you are talking about I am assuming its the one listed on here for sale. If it is absolutely rust free thats a big plus if you add up doing floor pans, rockers, lower quarters, firewall repairs, ect. The GTX thats for sale on here kind of looks like the pass side quarter is damaged but cant really tell from the pics, so like my sons it needs to be replaced or come off to try to massage those body lines back into shape. This car looked good on the pass side until we dug the pancake of bondo out of the damage (no rust, just big dent). Also it is a GTX and they only made 749 of them and they only made about 16k total Roadrunners that year from what I understand so there cant be to many left out there. We have been to car shows all over Wi MN Illinois and only seen 3 '73-74 Roadrunners total so I'd say they are rare and can only go up in value. As for the price, they are only worth what someone is willing to pay. I think Coleman got a super good deal on his initially but when they need to be restored it takes alot of time and money no matter what condition they look like--they all have to come apart and everything needs to be redone. With that said, they arent making anymore of them, and we on here are all trying to save them...one at a time.

Somebody has been busy............. I feel for you and the sandblasting though, that stuff gets in everything. Looking good

IMG_20150309_215909_146.jpgHow do you get rid of this? I'm assuming primer wont stick to it

What is it your referring too?

It appears to be oil seapage around the the K member mount --it was very greasy there when we were cleaning the frame

A couple more...and did a test shot on the first part..had to see some color :)

20170523_144445.jpg IMG_20180114_113135300.jpg IMG_20180114_113245304.jpg IMG_20180121_221503651_LL.jpg

Last edited:
I see Lemon Twist! Keep up the good work!

Soon it will look like my car (now my son's) I "restored" that car in 1992, and it is about time for it to get some TLC again after many years of real world, daily driving. Some of the tin worm is starting to return, but we keep it going...
IMG_4283.JPG

Brad_Roadrunner.jpg

Thanks Hawk! This one is going to be a driver too... the car is going to look original except in the power train... we are planing on a 4 link rear suspension, wilwood disc brakes and a 6 pac

Getting paint on a project is really "turning the corner" since you can now start to permanently reassemble the car. To me, this is an exciting time and helps keep my motivation up.

Keep up the good work!

Auto Transport Service
Back