• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

1974 gtx

Algobryan

Local time
5:34 AM
Reaction score
74 gtx
Need abit of help here. Does all 74 gtx have torque boxed rear spring mounts or was it use what we have left by dec 73. Have seen 2 74 gtx's without and 2 74 gtx's with in the last 4 months and one of the ones without is for sale with a dec 73 build date on the drivers door.The dash vin matches and the motor is a k 440 hp stamping.Rads correct.Fender tags matches Has big block front passenger inner fender/6 leaf springs aside in the rear( Thought there was to be 7 on one side).Has resonators on exhaust with 74 2 stamped on them. The owner say all numbers match.Painted once . Has typical mopar rust. Would like to know if should have torque boxed rear springs like my 71 R/t before getting more into depth on the car. View attachment 296053View attachment 296054View attachment 296055:smilie_help: DSC_0019.jpg

Last edited:
Yep, all 1974 and a lot of 73 cars had the rubber-isolated spring mounts. If you saw them without them, it's because someone changed them out over the years. I was going to do the same to my 74, but I heard replacing the rubber isolators with urethane ones makes for a better ride, so I might do that.

Auto Transport Service
Back