• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

1974 Plymouth RR GTX proportioning valve

1974 GTX

Local time
6:45 AM
Reaction score
Does anyone know where i can buy a proportioning valve for 1974 RR GTX. Can a proportioning valve from a 1972 RR be installed in my 74? Factory disc/drum car

I believe all the "Texas" style valves are very similar.

They should also be fairly inexpensive.

They were used into the 1990's on trucks.

Shouldn't take much time or cost to go get one and try it.

Does anyone know where i can buy a proportioning valve for 1974 RR GTX. Can a proportioning valve from a 1972 RR be installed in my 74? Factory disc/drum car
Thank you for your response. Is there a manufacturer for this Texas style? or is that the manufacturer?

They roughly resemble the shape of the state of Texas.

74 will have a much different mount bracket than 72 and even 73.
What is wrong with yours. They can be rebuilt. Mainly needing a good cleaning and new O-rings.
I might still have a 74. I'll check

Last edited:
What is wrong with yours. They can be rebuilt. Mainly needing a good cleaning and new O-rings.
Thank you for your response. Replaced the entire brake system with exception of the proportion valve since i have never had an issue with one in the past. Car sat for several years outdoors before restoration. Can't get fluid to rear wheels, tried to clean it but have not taken it apart yet.

Thank you for your response. Replaced the entire brake system with exception of the proportion valve since i have never had an issue with one in the past. Car sat for several years outdoors before restoration. Can't get fluid to rear wheels, tried to clean it but have not taken it apart yet.

Let me know if you come across it. thank you

Sorry took me a bit to remember where your thread was. Sorry I don't have a good 74 valve, Have a 73 which has a different mounting bracket but would probably work. Let me know if you still needing it.
Thanks

Auto Transport Service
Back